- 600 Denier Poly
- Made in USA or Imported
- Zipper closure
- 14.5" shoulder drop
- 17" high
- 13.25" wide
- Pockets: 5 interior slip, 4 exterior
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The JanSport Big Student Pack is the classic JanSport school backpack for students of all ages who carry large loads across campus. Two large main compartments plus organizer and stash pockets make this the bag that gets all your stuff where you need it to go.
- Product Dimensions: 16.9 x 13 x 9.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- ASIN: B00WHQKP96
- Item model number: TDN79ZG
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 15, 2014
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Although I just got this bag in the mail today I can say a few things. Will update the post in a few months.
1. It has plenty of room! More than I remembered. I can easily fit my laptop sleeve, 2 binders, multiple notebooks, and other misc objects.
2. The zipper is currently annoying- it gets stuck on the inner lining, but I suspect this is because the bag is brand new. Over time I imagine everything will loosen up.
3. It is very lightweight- so you are not adding extra weight on top of all the junk you have to carry.
4. I am slightly disappointed that the material has changed from the older model. It feels a bit thinner, and the bottom of the bag isn't double lined to insure extra support for carrying heavy things, BUT the bag looks to be made well, and with the company promise I'll just request another if this one breaks.
5. The straps will need to be broken in for sure. They do have an internal padding for comfort, but it all feels stiff at the moment.
6. I chose the gray- which is pretty similar to the online description image so I'm pleased. Dark enough to hide dirt, but not another black bag added to the collection.
7. A main reason I liked this backpack back then was the pencil case that still is present in this one. It's right up front (top zipper) so I never felt like I was digging for something to write with.
SO.. yes I do feel a bit dorky as this bag is clearly designed for a highschool student (not really stylish by any means), but I can already carry twice as much as my Patagonia messenger so I'm happy.
JANSPORT! Could you possibly offer your bags without the large logo smack in the middle? I think the label defers interest.
The dimensions are not what Amazon has provided us with, yet here are the true dimensions for the 'Jansport BIG Student Backpack':
S-Curve shoulder straps
Two large main compartments for versatile storage
Front gear pocket with audio electronics organizer
Quick-find cell phone pocket on the top of front side
Stash pocket with expandable pleats on lower front side
Fully padded back panel for cushioning comfort
Detailed Product Description:
The Big Student is a durable, ergonomically-designed bag with a fully padded back panel and padded shoulder straps.
Product Specifications Size:
Large Dimensions: 17.5" x 13" x 10.12"
Weight: 10 oz
Capacity: 2100 cu. in.
Material: 600 Denier Poly
Linear Inches: 40.62"
The Jansport Backpack products are GREAT! Zippers are Heavy Duty. I use small locks where the zippers meet, because the end of the zippers have little holes that allow small locks to lock the zippers. Almost all backpacks do Not have that feature. It is water-resistant. I would not submerge it in water to see if it is really waterproof, yet for almost anybody's needs it will keep everything dry inside of it. Students and Campers will find lots of room for things inside of it.
If anything goes wrong, just get in touch with Jansport, they will be more than helpful, considering it has a Lifetime guarantee, and Jansport has been around for a very long time.
Remember, it is not padded inside of it (for example, a padded sleeve for a laptop). Yet, there is padding for your back when you use the backpack. The shoulder straps are comfortable and adjustable.
GREAT price on Amazon, and I looked around! With Amazon's return policy, it is well worth a try, because you can always return it, For Free!
There are several zippered pockets to keep things organized. There’s two on the front and a double compartment inside. In one of the pockets there’s place for your phone, wallet, etc.
My kid is rough on his gear and Jansport is tough enough to keep up with him for the school year. If the pack were mine, it would likely last 5 years or more.
This backpack is respected for a reason. Cool enough, able to withstand the rigors of daily usage, and can hold the weight of 50lb book load while not causing abrasions to the wearer. Big enough to hold books, binders, notebooks, etc and personal items.
I buy this backpack every year. Lesser backpacks don’t make it through a semester.