- Cobalt steel offers resistance to heat and abrasion, and can run at faster speeds than high-speed steel for hard to machine materials
- Uncoated (bright) with no additional surface treatment or coating
- 1" cutter depth for a wide range of hole depths
- 3/4" shank size accommodates a 3/4" arbor
- Edges can be resharpened
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.65 shipping
Jancy Slugger Cobalt Steel Annular Cutter Set (11 piece), Uncoated (Bright) Finish, 3/4" Annular Shank, 1" Cut Depth, 7/16" to 1-1/16" Sizes
|Price:||$404.47 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$40.53 (9%)|
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||Jancy Engineering Company|
|Material Type||Cobalt Steel|
|Finish Types||Uncoated (Bright)|
|Number of Items||1|
|Arbor Hole Diameter||3/4 inches|
|Cutting Diameter||0.4375 inches, 0.5000 inches, 0.5625 inches, 0.6250 inches, 0.6875 inches, 0.7500 inches, 0.8125 inches, 0.8750 inches, 0.9375 inches, 1.000 inches, 1.062 inches|
|Cutting Length||1.000 inches|
|Shank Height||7/8 inches|
|Size||7/16" - 1-1/16"|
|System of Measurement||Inch|
|Tolerance Held||0.0005 inches|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Jancy Slugger uncoated cobalt steel annular cutter set includes 11 annular cutters with 1" depth and a 3/4" shank, with one each of the following cutter diameters: 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 13/16", 7/8", 15/16", 1" and 1-1/16". The cutters create through holes as deep as 1" in a range of materials, with best performance in hard-to-machine materials as well as mild steel and stainless steel. The set also includes a pilot pin for 7/16" to 1/2" cutter diameters, a pilot pin for 9/16" to 1-1/16" cutter diameters, and a case.
Cobalt steel can be run at faster speeds and stays sharp longer than high-speed steel tools, while offering resistance to heat and abrasion. The cutters have no coating or surface treatment, and the cutting edges can be resharpened for longer tool life. Each cutter has a 3/4" shank to accommodate the 3/4" arbor of a magnetic drill or to connect to a drill press with an arbor assembly (sold separately).
Drill bits are cutting tools used to make holes in a range of materials. They are used in machines such as handheld portable drills, drill presses, machining centers, and lathes. Drill bits come in a variety of types and lengths. Annular cutters are hollow drill bits that cut only around the periphery of a hole. They reduce the torque and horsepower requirements for drilling in many applications because they remove less material than standard twist drill bits. As a result they have faster cutting speeds and use less energy in comparison with twist drills; they can also be more efficient than metal hole saws. Because of their multiple cutting edges, annular cutters can produce accurate, burr-free holes without the need for pilot holes , minimizing the need for secondary operations such as pre-drilling, step drilling, or reaming.
Jancy Engineering manufactures Slugger portable magnetic drills and annular cutters, as well as metal working equipment for fabrication. The company, founded in 1957, is headquartered in Davenport, IA.
What's in the Box?
- 7/16" diameter annular cutter
- 1/2" diameter annular cutter
- 9/16" diameter annular cutter
- 5/8" diameter annular cutter
- 11/16" diameter annular cutter
- 3/4" diameter annular cutter
- 13/16" diameter annular cutter
- 7/8" diameter annular cutter
- 15/16" diameter annular cutter
- 1" diameter annular cutter
- 1-1/16" diameter annular cutter
- Pilot pin for 7/16" to 1/2" cutter diameter
- Pilot pin for 9/16" to 1-1/16" cutter diameter