Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 419 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 484 reviews
on January 19, 2011
What you get is a DVD disc that has two workout routines on them. The second routine is a little more advanced than the first, although neither one is overly strenuous. That's actually a good thing, because this workout DVD is intended for older exercisers. So, choose this DVD if you're a senior, just starting to exercise, or are looking for a light workout.

The workout. Both routines are pretty thorough. By that, I mean that they stretch and strengthen all the major parts of your body. So, this DVD will help you get more flexible, less stiff, and stronger. And, if you keep moving the whole time during the DVD and don't rest, you'll likely get some cardio training in as well (although her walking DVD, Jane Fonda: Prime Time - Walkout, is probably better suited for that). To boot, there's a couple of extras at the end of the DVD- here you'll get a few really good exercises to help improve your balance, and some other tips on exercising. Noteworthy is the fact that many of the exercises are done in standing- although you're holding on to a chair for a lot of them. Both routines are around twenty to twenty-five minutes each.

Just a great little DVD that will get you moving- and keep you moving if you stick with it! Also recommend Treat Your Own Knee Arthritis if you have knee pain that keeps you from exercising regularly. Good luck!
11 comment| 256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2013
So I'm 58 years old, with back problems (prior disk surgery, current bulging disk in lumbar region). I got this video to help me get back in shape after several years of pain and partial disability. I was nervous that I might aggravate my back problems but figure at this age(!) I have enough common sense to stop when something feels wrong. You other gimps know what I mean - the difference between "Wow, what a burn!" and "Oh no, what did I just do?"

So, I am LOVING this workout. I'm still in Level 1 every other day (been using it for 3 weeks) but I have upped my hand weights from 3 lbs to 5 lbs. And when I'm through with my workout I feel wonderful - a slightly sweaty glow, slightly out of breath, with my back feeling fantastic.

Just so you know - there is no jumping or any other high impact exercise in this, but a gentle series of strength and stretching exercises aimed at improving posture, flexibility, function, and health. I have noticed that I limp less when I walk (a result of nerve damage from prior accident) and my balance is much improved. Looking forward to Level 2 and some of her other workouts.

As any good fitness expert should, Ms. Fonda reminds you to maintain proper form/posture and to move slowly and with control. Good luck!
on April 7, 2014
I've done only the first part of the workout so far, having just purchased this. I see that the poor reviews are largely because the buyers had expectations of a more vigorous workout, so know it for what it is. It's a great beginner routine. When you start working through the muscle groups, you can tell what needs work. If you don't feel it anywhere, congratulations! you should proceed to the next level....and so on. Other poor reviews are because the dvd didn't work in a foreign country or on a play station, etc. None of that has anything to do with the quality of a working video. A couple of reviewers even criticized Jane's politics! None of that has anything to do with the quality of the workout or the presentation. What I like about her video is that she is talking and acting like a real person and the only corny thing is when she says, "Good work, thank you for staying with me." This is a dvd and she is not standing before a group of physical bodies in a studio, so it's really silly to say I'm doing good work or staying with her because she has no way of knowing that. Otherwise, I like her tone. I had a little difficulty on a couple of exercises that went too fast for me to breathe properly, but it was a decent beginner routine and when it seems much too easy, I'll go on to the next level and after that, I'll get a different video--also by Jane Fonda.
on March 22, 2012
This is not the old Jane Fonda arobic workouts. This is for someone who may find it difficult to do a lot of exercise for whatever reason. I'm in my late 50's and have a really bad back.(stenosis, dengenerative disease, multi-level lumbar fusion surgery, etc.) I can follow along with this dvd without hurting myself which is more than I can say for most exercise dvds out there. There are two levels. I started with the first for a few times and when I took a try at the second level I found it was fine for me. I'm going to try to introduce my mom (in her mid 80's) to the first level. If you are fit and active you will be bored with this, but if you need a gentle push to get moving and do your stretches and some strenthening, then you may find this helpful. Jane is calm, encouraging and gently reminds you to watch your posture and form without being condesending. If you know an elderly person that may need a little exercise, this might be helpful for them. If you want a little more challenge, her trim, tone and flex has a little more umph but still not too high impact. Hope this helps in your decision.
on July 28, 2017
Thank you Jane Fonda. This series is excellent! I have several of these DVDs. I have MS and cannot always go to a formal exercise class (to long and often not appropriate). I can do many of the segments, but spread them out over several does. Exercise is key to maintaining mobility and I like I can go at my own pace. She gives good motivational tips. and continues to inspire.
on June 8, 2015
If you are not in very good shape, this dvd is the one for you. Not too strenuous, but you do get a workout. Two levels, one a little slower, the other a little harder. The best thing about both workouts: the workout changes enough so you won't get bored with seemingly endless repetitions of a few moves. Sit for a couple of exercises, stand for the next few, use weights a while, then without weights, back to weights, sit, on and on. The changes do not happen too quickly, but you are kept so busy that the workout is over before you know it. Another thing I really like: Jane is old. Not some bouncy 20-something.
on May 8, 2016
I thought my work-out days were over because I was in my 60s. But then I found this DVD. Jane inspired me. After one month I have worked up from 2 pound weights to 3 pound weights. And I can power walk UP a hill now. Wow thanks Jane.
on September 2, 2016
Being fair. Any exercise DVD one chooses will be based on "their" fitness level, age, and interest. That said, I started with Jane Fonda "8" track tapes back in the 80's and returned to her current walk out and now fit n strong dvd's, due to my age and current fitness level.
I love both of them. They are well instructed and a perfect workout for over 50 strugglers. Each dvd has extra info for the older consumer on brain, heart, and circulation health. 20 mins and you're done. Results will vary depending on how often you do them, but my energy and tone are improving. Thank you Jane!! You've come through once again to help us age with grace and keep us fit without injury or going to the gym to try and keep up with the younger crowd.
on January 18, 2015
I am 59 and usually do Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner workouts. Then I lifted something too heavy and injured my back. I wasn't able to workout for months and still shouldn't be doing much. So I Googled workout videos for old or injured people and found Jane Fonda's new series of "Prime Time" workouts.

This one is my favorite of the three I bought. It is very good for what it is, but somebody younger and looking to get into shape won't get that from this workout series. If you're very overweight, it would definitely be a good start, though.

There are 2 workouts on this DVD, an easier one (which is way easy) and a slightly higher level workout which is about as much as I can do at the moment and not too challenging. It's keeping me somewhat toned and flexible so that when I do fully recover the transition to regular workouts will be easier to handle.

The length of the workouts is manageable (20-25 minutes) and she addresses all the root problems and issues older people experience. Her teaching method is fun and relaxing. She's a terrific instructor. Instructions are thorough and patient.

If you're in your 70s and haven't worked out before this would be perfect for you. Those in your 80s and 90s should definitely try this, especially if you're not doing anything else.
on March 25, 2017
She has good advice about balance and it was probably worth the price just for that. But the beginning talk is too preachy and depressing. The exercises are for assisted living patients perhaps? They seem too easy for active older women.