Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4 reviews
on January 24, 2015
The lore about and the descriptions of the fruits are five-star. And many of the recipes are equally enlightening, equally enticing. I just wish there were more of them. I wish too that there was more written on the more unusual fruits. I make this four-star because I still feel a need for a reference book on fruit. This will do until I find it.
on October 20, 2011
I was so glad that this book has been reprinted, Miss Grigson's books are always a joy. Cookery with a bit of wit and history thrown in. A great book when you have a couple pieces of fruit and need to produce a tasty dish, or when you have that sesonal fruit glut. Many of the dishes are simple but very very good.
on October 16, 2013
Sorry but I had to return this book. It has no photos. Not one. Nothing to show how the dishes should look in the end. The book is over an inch thick and is written like a novel with lists of ingredients and paragraphs of instructions. I am not a good cook, I need photos to show me what it all means and how it should come together.