- "JANE'S BABY is a stunning thriller, pitch-dark and filled with twists you never see coming. Chris Bauer's complex cast of characters headed by bounty hunter Judge Drury and his K9 partner pulled me in from the beginning and never let go. Bauer is a novelist to watch." -- Margaret Coel, New York Times bestselling author of the WIND RIVER mystery series.
- "Chris Bauer came up with a doozy of a 'what if' question in JANE'S BABY. I just wish I had thought of it myself." -- Alan Russell, bestselling author of BURNING MAN.
- "In JANE'S BABY, Chris Bauer weaves unique characters into a compelling story. Readers will love bounty hunter Judge Drury's two deputies, who happen to be retired military dogs." --Margaret Mizushima, author of HUNTING HOUR: A Timber Creek K-9 Mystery.
- "JANE'S BABY is both topical and enduring. Chris Bauer's knack for creating unconventional characters is exceeded only by his intense and vivid prose." -- Don Swaim, author of THE ASSASSINATION OF AMBROSE BIERCE: A LOVE STORY, and host of CBS Radio's Book Beat.
- "JANE'S BABY has it all -- fresh and quirky characters -- an ex-Marine bounty hunter with Tourette's Syndrome and bomb-sniffing dogs, an alcoholic little person blogger sidekick, an angry bull, a female Native American Supreme Court Justice, an obsessive assassin -- and a plot loaded with tricky twists and troubling timely issues. Chris Bauer pulls them all together with wrenching seat of your pants suspense. He's clearly a writer to watch." -- Merry Jones, award-winning author of CHILD'S PLAY and THE NANNY MURDERS.
About the Author
“The thing I write will be the thing I write.” Chris wouldn’t trade his northeast Philadelphia upbringing of street sports played on blacktop and concrete, fistfights, brick and stone row houses, and twelve years of well-intentioned Catholic school discipline for a Philadelphia minute (think New York minute but more fickle and less forgiving). He’s had lengthy stops as an adult in Michigan and Connecticut, thinks Pittsburgh is a great city even though some of his fictional characters don’t, and now lives in Doylestown, PA. He’s married, the father of two, is a grandfather, still does all his own stunts, and he once passed for Chip Douglas of My Three Sons TV fame on a Wildwood, NJ boardwalk. As C.G. Bauer he’s also the author of SCARS ON THE FACE OF GOD, an EPIC Awards runner-up for best in 2010 eBook horror, and the editor of the CRAPPY SHORTS short story collections.