Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 11, 2013
I loved the Control and Rhythm Nation albums in the 80s. I didn't know that she had two previous albums out. The radio and MTV didn't play the older songs anymore at that time, and I never noticed them in stores. I heard Say You Do a few years ago while watching an episode of Soul Train that Janet was on. I bought this cd before it went out of print.

While this and her sophomore record aren't as memorable as Control, there are still some pretty good songs on it. My favorites are Say You Do, You'll Never Find a Love Like Mine, and Come Give Your Love to Me. The ballads aren't so great. The upbeat tracks are better. Very early 80s R&B, disco, Jacksons, Off the Wall sounds. Come Give Your Love to Me is more rock/new wave, kind of a hint at the sound of her next album, which I think is better than this one. Both are worth buying if you like 80s music.
2 people found this helpful
on January 1, 2015
This album is really good, as are all the ones until "janet." Simple music before she got all commercialized and sensual starting in the early 90s and she went downhill from there as she got older. Maybe new record label then influenced her to a more sexually oriented figure. Yuck!
on July 28, 2016
she would add some bonus tracks to this CD the extended, version should have added to this CD as bonus tracks
on February 27, 2014
I MUCH prefer Dream Street because the music was more lively and a bit more flirtier than this one. The songs on this are mostly fluffy love songs. I guess she was singing songs that would be appropriate for a 16 year old. I think the best/standout tracks would be The Magic is Working, Come Give Your Love To Me, Young Love, and Don't Mess Up This Good Thing. Love and My Best Friend reminds me of Michael's Ben. It's mushy at best but compliments Janet's sweet/soft tone that gives it more of a pleasure, worthwhile listen for hardcore Janet fans like myself.
on March 6, 2013
For miss Jackson to be only 15 years of age this is a timeless classic, every song on this 9 album set is amazing. This album is so underrated most people dont even know Janet has had music before her big breakout album 1986 ''Control'' the "Janet Jackson" LP had 3 top black hits on the charts and janet was on the road to stardom. This album is a 3/5 classic

standout tracks

- Magic is working
- Young Love
- Forever Yours
- Dont mess up this good thing
on January 17, 2013
If you are a "die hard" fan of Janet Jackson music, this should be in your collection. This was her very first cd. It has the original verison of "Say You Do" before the remix came out.
on July 7, 2014
If you are a janet jackson fa n then you will love this cd it has great songs.
on July 16, 2016
Always love this album" don't no what happen to minds but ' guess who's back😘The magic is working
on January 22, 2010
This CD was better than I thought it'd be. I luv "Young Love" and "Say You Do." My jams! This is a rare and great addition to my collection.
2 people found this helpful
on August 8, 2010
I used to do arobics in my living room to this song years ago, I got it for that song only. So happy to be able to listen to this song again, whenever I want to hear it. It makes me feel like doing arobics again, gets me motivated! CD in perfect condition, was sent to me as fast as lightning! Thanks!