Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 115 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 156 reviews
on November 4, 2017
I have been sewing since I was 12 years old, I learned on an old singer from 1930 that was my grandmothers. Through the years I've had a few different machines. (I'm 41 now) I love the sound of a whirring machine. It reminds me of my childhood. About ten years ago I got myself an Elna 2130. It was my first non-Singer. I still use it and I still love it. Its a good solid machine and very well made. Its also larger and heavier. I don't always want to use such a machine. I just needed something smaller that could do the things I needed it to.

I did a lot of research on mini sewing machines. I considered the Janome mini but it lacked a few basics I felt where needed. I looked at the little battery powered ones and even the handheld ones. All where lacking something and I saw several comments where stitches were skipped or bunched under the fabric. Tension seemed to be off with these. I didn't want to get a dud.

This machine is the same as the Kenmore Mini Ultra. They made those for a while and you could probably find one used somewhere for cheap.

One of the things I really liked was that it was so quiet! I thought such a smaller machine would be loud- but its wonderful. The stitch dial makes it very easy. The bobbin winder works great. Its easy to thread. The stitches are smooth and the needle goes through several layers of fabric like butter. Its also adorable!

I highly recommend this machine.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 20, 2017
Bought this for my daughters birthday and she loves it! Turquoise is one of her favorite colors, so she was very excited about that!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 13, 2016
My buddy's little girl was happy.
on December 31, 2014
This is a real sewing machine for little ones! It is heavy and steel and has all the parts and pieces to do a sewing job! My LO has been using it to make quilted potholders for both grandmas and we supervise because our LO is only 3 but it is easy enough to thread and use! We love it and it was as we expected from Janome!
on July 14, 2014
I'm an old lady and wanted a light machine to take to quilt classes and sew days. It always gets a chuckle when I unpack it because of the bright color and the cute name. But when they see how well it sews, everyone wants one of their own!
on August 26, 2015
My granddaughter is in love with this machine! Love the metal construction and ease!
on June 26, 2015
Easy to set up, sews beautifully and it's the perfect size for my petite hands!
on October 20, 2014
The kid loves it! She recently changed her favorite color to this turquoise. It has hello kitty. It sews like a full size machine. Great purchase. I can see no reason why this couldn't be with her for the next 20 years, unless she upgrades to something bigger and more complex. She has been outfitted with some accessories for her sewing endeavors. So far she really loves it.
on October 15, 2015
A nice sewing machine. The tension wrap area has changed over the years and thew us for a loop for a minute. My 7 year old grand-
daughter was sewing her straight stitches before the evening was over.
on May 9, 2013
Bought this for my 6 year old daughter and I am very pleased. She loves that it's cute and small. I love that it is surprisingly well built and makes perfect stitches. It doesn't have a lot of options as far as stitch selection/length/width but that's a bonus for a beginner who could be easily overwhelmed by too many things to select.
Good thread, a sharp needle and threaded properly this machine has no issues to beware of.