Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on September 8, 2015
Outstanding. Don't let that cute little kitty convince you that this thing can't do wonders. I bought the cute design cause I am anything but cute. I'm a surly, tattooed guy that works in film production that just happens to like to sew. I just made my girlfriend some curtains with this machine and it performed admirably. The missing star is for two questionable design choices: the flip up cheat sheet that shares the same space as the handle makes raising the handle to carry the machine a little fiddly, and could be easily redone with a little finger hole to allow you to get at the handle without futzing with the flip up part. And then the storage compartment (the area just to the left of "hello") basically lets everything in it spill out when you remove it to get at your goodies, unless you keep them in a container of some kind. It seems like it would be a trifling matter to add a hinged retaining wall or some such thing to keep that from happening.

BUT, I would buy this heavy duty cutie again, which given the quality of it probably won't be necessary. I am very happy with it.
on May 18, 2015
I have been using this machine for a month now and I really love this machine. It looks really fun and makes me smile every time I look at it.
Why it’s so Awesome!
- So CUTE!
- Clearly marked buttons and stitches
- Great instructions manual
- Can stitch straight
- Intuitive pedal pressure
- Really precise smooth stitching and guiding
- Easy to use—bobbin winding, set up, stitching…
- Auto- thread system
- Stitches and buttons are similar to other non-hello kitty beginners Janome machines.

Not so Awesome… taking off the accessory storage to do anything with the front loading bobbin…

I’ve completed a Baby blanket and a Tote bag, patched some jeans (3 layers of denim!), Hemmed my curtains, & Restitched stuffed animals mauled by my dog.
There are 2 useful videos on this on Youtube if you search “Janome 15822”. One video demos the Unboxing to see what’s included and the other demos it in Spanish. It also shows you how to set it up and wind a bobbin.

Comparing the Hello Kitties 11706 <green> , 13512 <red>, 15822 <white>:
Green, $120
- ¾ the size and weight, 11 stitches, Better for Tweens who are just starting out.
Red, $130
- 15 stitches, stretch stitches, Good for beginners
White, $155
- 22 stitches, stretch stitches, Good for beginners and some.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 28, 2013
I've been looking for a machine and researched many for over two years. It was to replace my wonderful 30yr old Viking 6440, which finally died and I gave up on after several attempts to have repaired. Had a very limited budget but wanted something that would hold up for years (still to be determined) rather than months as so many of the new plastic machines now a days are. bought this one because it can sew through many layers of denim and leather, has a self threader (for tired eyes), a one step button hole maker and a serge stitch. the brand has a good reputation and it was on sale for a good price. And the graphics make me smile every time I walk by the machine (several times a day). Have done limited sewing on it so far but it has been great so far.
on January 5, 2014
I really really like this machine. I am a Hello Kitty person anyway though. But, I wanted to get this for my 14 year old daughter to teach her how to sew. I wanted a simple stitch machine but it had to have a buttonhole maker...and if it could be cute, that would just be gravy!! This is a serious sewing machine despite the cutesy fun factor. It is a heavy duty machine. If, I had not already told my daughter that I was getting her this machine, I would have taken this one and given my daughter my machine, which is still a Janome, but a computerized lighter weight machine, My lighter weight machine sometimes moves when I am sewing at full speed and I have to stop and re-position it...just slightly annoying. This machine probably wouldnt move no matter how fast a person could sew.
Anyway, I got it at a good deal and I feel it is worth every penny. The only downside is that it has the vertical bobbin that I am not crazy about and you cant tell when you're going to run out of bobbin thread...but that is the only downside in my opinion.
on May 3, 2016
I loveeee this machine! This is my first machine and I have learned to sew on this one. It is not a kids toy. It can do all the basic things that a normal machine can do. It has a variety of options that make this machine worth buying--different stitch lengths, different stitch options, free arm, light, a plug-in pedal, etc. I have been using this machine daily at times for almost 5 months and it is great! I have sewed threw denim, leather, and vinyl-- all harder materials to sew through (just use the right needle & foot). I have definitely had a hard time sewing through double layers of leather, but I think most machines would. The hello kitty design is also a plus! It makes me excited to sew when I sit in front of this cute sewing machine.
on May 23, 2016
Looks can be deceiving. I had a Singer computerized sewing machine that fell apart on me one month after my purchase when I was trying to sew a sweatshirt. I've also tried Brother which was better than the Singer but not nearly as solid as this Janome. I sewed years ago (many years ago) and wanted to get back into sewing. I am just thrilled with this machine. It's simple to use and very solid.
on January 24, 2014
I bought this for my 6 year old because she wanted a sewing machine for Christmas. Truth is that I have never used a sewing machine in my entire life!!

She was thrilled, and we have started making simple things. Both of us think this is great. Works well as expected, and easy enough for her to learn to use herself.

I'm looking forward to sewing some things now!
on June 11, 2017
This is a serious entry-level machine. It's got all the guts of a Janome, but with silly paint on the outside. Hefty machine, quiet-yet-powerful motor, all the basic stitches you'd ever need to make clothing. Reverse is a little touchy, but NBD.

Some other reviews mentioned incorrect information, which I'd like to correct here:
* Yes, there is a thread cutter behind the foot.
* Yes, this takes standard bobbins not the crazy Janome-specific ones.
* Yes, you can sew through 6 layers of denim if you need to.
* No, you don't have to be a little girl / granddaughter / niece to appreciate this.

It is a little slower than I'm used to, especially for straight seaming. But I am a former professional costumer and I like to fly, so probably if you're getting started on an entry-level machine you're ok. It's no Juki, but it's also not some plastic toy.
on May 19, 2016
I love my Janome, I have already made things for myself, hubby, my kids, and the home with it. I have had this sewing machine for close to a year now! It's very easy to set up and thread, everything is laid out well, and it is light enough for me to move around with ease. It runs VERY SMOOTH, I was pleasantly surprised. I had an electronic singer prior that gave me issues like the bobbin timer continually getting off. No issues with this one! It seems to be built really well, you can feel it when you're running your fabrics through it. Tension and all is easy to adjust as well for different types of fabrics.
on November 30, 2015
I bought this machine for my daughter a couple Christmas' ago, and it is still working better than ever! I absolutely love this machine. It's been through two years of Halloween costumes, Christmas dresses, aprons, curtains, bunting... etc. We use it a lot! Have not had one single problem with it. Still works as good as the day we got it. My singer on the other hand, crapped out a month after purchase. Love that Janome still is a good Heavy weight machine and the new singers are made with light plastic. Highly recommend this product!