Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Style Name: Janome 7330 Magnolia Computerized Sewing Machine with 30 Built-In Stitches|Change

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 110 reviews
on February 3, 2013
I purchased a Janome Magnolia 7330 sewing machine for my wife and I to use for some household projects we've been putting off, and it's far surpassed my expectations. We've both used Singer and Brother machines before, and had nothing but problems with them. The Singers had constant spool or bobbin tension issues that made them almost unusable, and the cheap Brother we bought a few years back seemed to struggle with anything more than thin cotton or polyester fabric. Both of us had come to dread sewing, even for simple alterations. This Janome has just chugged along through everything we've thrown at it so far though, and has been a breeze to work with.

Let me list a few of the projects we've finally completed after years of procrastination:

1. New curtains and valances for eight windows, five of the curtain sets with a heavy upholstery fabric.
2. Repairs to two heavy canvas bags, including replacing several pockets that had holes in them.
3. Making snow jackets for both of our dogs out of acrylic fleece.
4. Taking in dozens of shirts/blouses, dress slacks, jeans, and even girdles.

Through all of those projects there have been no issues. The thread tension very rarely needed any adjustment and it has powered through all of the fabrics and thread types without a hitch. The only scare we had was when my wife accidentally cut things too close on an upholstery fabric that had metal beads attached and snapped off a needle. We both assumed that we'd damaged the machine or it would need some kind of realignment, but we were wrong. We just dropped in a fresh needle, tapped the button for our stitch type and everything worked. After years of using my Singers, that was shocking.

The 7330 may not have a hundred stitches or special attachments for elaborate work, but for everyday tasks it's amazing. My wife and I both are actually planning new projects now and no longer look at the sewing bench with dread. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who needs a sturdy and easy to use sewing machine.
on October 25, 2010
Purchased the Janome 7330 one and a half years ago, and I adore this machine. As a reluctant sewist, I knew that I needed a machine that was reliable and easy to use. When I got the machine, my daughters, 8 and 11, learned to sew paper collages, little doll dresses and other experiments. It is easy to wind the bobbin, easy to thread, easy to switch between stitch types. It comes with several "feet" and I bought a few extras and found them easy to switch out. The instruction manual is good; I was able to follow the steps easily. There was little information about feet or freestyle stitching (which I now love to do), but I found good info on the Janome site, which also has a bunch of sweet little videos to show you how to sew different things.

I've sewn about a dozen stitched paper journals, going through multiple layers of watercolor paper, with no problem at all. I have sewn curtains and little ipod cases and lots of mini-quilts, and I still love the machine. It is just amazing. Highly recommended.
on January 17, 2016
Haven't sewed in 30 years but my daughter highly recommended a Janome, received this one for Christmas...have only made one thing so far yet but really love all the improvements in sewing machines in the past three decades! Very easy to use....and such a good deal with the case included.
on April 22, 2016
Very happy with this machine. I am an advanced quilter and wanted a work horse without all the bells and whistles. I believe I have gotten my moneys worth.
on March 22, 2013
I am loving this machine. Previously owned a Singer and was constantly fighting tension and bobbin battles. This machine has worked great right out of the box. Sewed through 6 layers of denim without any problems, and no adjustments after previously sewing thin cotton. Seems very sturdy and easy to use. I like sewing again. I don't do any fancy sewing - just basic patterns and alterations, so works absolutely wonderfully for my needs. Very happy with this purchase.
on April 6, 2017
I haven't had my Janome very long but so far it's Love! I read all the reviews and I haven't been disappointed. It is easy to operate and very quiet, especially on the slow speed. The quietness of it allows you to sew and be on speakerphone at the same time:). I have a Brother that I really love, but this Janome has already surpassed it. I love that you can choose if your needle stops in the up or down position and you can disengage the foot pedal and use the start/stop button instead. It has a drop-in, see-through bobbin and a needle threader, as well as, a thread cutter.
review image
on October 1, 2016
I have had this machine for a few weeks and I am very happy with it. It is very easy to thread the needle and the drop in bobbin is very nice to have. I bought this one because it has the automatic needle threader and a lot of built in stitches that I may use in the future. Seems like a heavy duty machine and sewing on this machine is a joy.
on December 20, 2011
Just wanted to post about the attachments I ended up buying for this wonderful machine. I worked with Ken's Vac & Sewing a few times by phone, and they were very helpful. I wanted this machine to upgrade from my straight-stitch only Brother 1120 from my middle school years, in order to begin quilting & piecing. The feet I ended up purchasing separately are:
*Brother SA185 1/4-Inch Quilting Foot (part #Brother SA185)
*Janome Darning Foot for Horizontal Rotary Hook Model (Ordered through phone via Ken's)
*Janome Even Feed Foot with Quilting Guide for Oscillating Hook Models #200-310-002

Since I've purchased this machine, I've finished a complete baby quilt and a few smaller pieces. I'm especially fond of the thread cutter and the up-down button for the needle; wonderful machine!

*Quilting update 2012/10: Also finished a full size quilt top; along with the piecing, I did the machine quilting with this Janome (free motion curls) using 3" of foam board insulation with a cutout of my machine covered with plastic vinyl to give it a large surface area to move it around. Also used a pair of Machingers Gloves-Small/Medium to help my hands. Also look into using a cone of serger thread to make your thread last much longer!
review image
on August 12, 2012
I decided to learn another useful hobby along with woodworking and the many others I've pursued and diligently researched many machines for a beginner. I wanted one that would allow me to ease into the hobby without too much hassle, and to allow me to grow into the advanced features as my skill progressed. Except for the daisies on the body ( :) ) I love this sewing machine! I've gone from novice to novice who's made a few things (pillows, hemming pants, and two skirts for my wife so far). I've used it to repair a strap on one of my wife's shoes, tailored a shirt, altered a jacket with this Janome, all without a hitch. I found if I start off too close to the edge I get a funny sound that turned out to be the thread getting tangle. No worries, and once you know, there's no issue. It's sturdy, very quiet, and in no time I felt like I knew what I was doing. Silly to say, but the first time I successfully wound a bobbin, it was quite thrilling! I think it's going to be something I will enjoy for a long time to come, and I've enrolled in several online classes (check out Craftsy) and bought several excellent books including the S.E.W. one by Diana Rupp, which is fantastic for beginners. This machine, for me, is simple, sturdy, and easy to figure out as it's been very reliable in the four months I've had it.
on February 13, 2011
My last machine was the Brother CS6000i. It worked all right but I was constantly fixing tension and tangled up threads. I thought it was me but finally the bobbin case was broken and I looked up other reviews about the the issues I was having and that it normally breaks after a year.
Anyways I read a few blogs and reviews about this machine and they were all really good. All 5 stars. So here I am with a new sewing machine that costs double but it is so worth it! I can now finish a project without having to stop every 15 minutes untangling and cutting threads! It also goes through layers of thick fabrics! :D
I had a problem with thin fabrics but I just needed to buy thinner needles and adjust the tension a bit. I do get a little confused because on some of the stitches it automatically secures the stitches and on others I have to push the backwards stitching button. It tells you in the manual I think which ones have the auto secure stitching. It will be a handy feature when I remember which ones do and don't. Ha!
It came with only a few feet but I had around 20 feet from my Brother that feet in perfect with the Janome! Bonus!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.