3 Year Asurion Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine w/ Hard Case + Ultra Glide Foot + Blind Hem Foot + Overedge Foot + Rolled Hem Foot + Zipper Foot + Buttonhole Foot + Leather and Universal Needles + More!
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Automatic Needle Threader - No More Straining Your Eyes! Simply Use the Built-In Automatic Needle Threader and Throw Your Frustrations to the Side! / Jam Proof Top-Loading Bobbin System - It's Easy To Change Your Bobbin and There is No Need to Worry About Running Off the Edge of Your Project Because the Bobbin System is Jam-Proof
- Easy Stitch Selection - Simply Turn the Stitch Selection Dial to the Desired Stitch and the Chosen Stitch Will Appear in Red / Flip-Up Stitch Panel - Take a Look at All 18 Built-In Stitches at a Glance with the Flip-Up Stitch Panel
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure - A Simple Turn of the Dial will Adjust the Presser Foot Pressure Allowing you to Sew a Wide Variety of Fabric Thicknesses / Free Arm Capability - Sew Pants Legs and Shirt Sleeves with Ease Using the Free-Arm
- Comes With an Incredible Amount of Accessories - A Hard Case/Cover, Ultra Glide Foot, 2 Packs of Leather Needles, a Pack of Universal Needles, a Pack of Bobbins, Blind Hem "G" Foot, Overedge "C" Foot, Rolled Hem "D" Foot, Zipper "E" Foot, Buttonhole "B" Foot
- Also Comes With - Automatic Buttonhole "R" Foot, a Pack of Needles, Screwdriver, Small Screwdriver, Spool Holder (Large), Spool Holder (Small), Lint Brush, Seam Ripper, Additional Spool Pin, Bobbin, Quilter Bar, Felt, Foot Control/Power Cord, Warranty Card and Instructional Manual
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The HD-3000 is a Heavy-Duty Machine, Perfect for a Beginner or Sewist looking to do a wide range of sewing. A Handy Instructional Guide is located in the top tray door of the machine, which indicates the feet and stitch settings for a variety of sewing tasks. Heavy-Duty Aluminum Body and 18 Stitches, including a One-Step Buttonhole give you the tools you need to handle any kind of sewing project. Stitch Length and Width Adjustment are conveniently located on the front of the machine. Free Arm Capability Horizontal - Full Rotary Hook - Painted Aluminum Body - Maximum speed: 860 SPM - 18 Stitches- Maximum Stitch Width: 6.5mm - Maximum Stitch Length: 4mm - Lay-In Thread Tension Control - Dial Foot Pressure Adjustment with 3 Steps - Extra High Presser Foot Lift - Snap-On Presser Feet - Built-In Needle Threader - Built-In Thread Cutter - Horizontal Spool Pin - 7 Piece Feed Dog - Drop Feed - Reverse Stitch Lever - Push/Pull Bobbin Winder - Stitch Selection Dial - Heavy Duty Frame
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The needle stops as soon as you remove your foot from the pedal (as opposed to completing a stitch and raising to the up position) - it might take some getting used to if you've been sewing with most modern machines that raise the needle, but it's nice to not worry about extra stitches!
- Fairly quiet machine
- Strong feed dogs
- Comes with overlock foot!
- Mechanical stitch selection is clunky and I can never remember which way to turn the wheel
- No ability to shift the needle left (only right) to adjust stitch width
- Have to shift stitch selector after completion of each buttonhole (does not automatically reset)
- Reverse stitch button is not located in the usual place over near the needle, but is the large lever on the front - takes more getting used to
All in all, I'm pleased with it, along with all the extras that come with the package. It's a solid machine, easy set up/threading, and doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the computerized machines (which I didn't need/want). Would I buy it again though? Probably not. I like the electronic stitch selection of other machines better, as well as more familiar function placement.
When I first plugged it in, it was only sewing in reverse, but that was a SUPER easy fix (there's a metal rod with hooks on both ends that can get shaken loose during shipping... we just opened the bottom of the case, hooked that bar back on the "reverse" toggle), and replaced the bottom. The machine is sewing beautifully.
I wish I'd gone straight to a Janome machine when I started sewing. I could have created so much more in all this time that I've struggled with lower quality machines.... I had no idea what I was missing!
-Quiet. This is the quietest sewing machine I've ever used, and it doesn't vibrate my table. I can hear other things (besides just the machine) and even listen to music. I consider this a huge perk. My husband wouldn't let me sew in the same room with him before. This one shouldn't bother him at all.
-Foot lifts extra high (but does not hold to that position without your help)
-Heavy duty. This machine handled two pieces of batting and a piece of thick fleece. No complaining from the machine or me. This machine is listed as a heavy duty machine and holds up to that.
-Many universal use items are SAID to be compatible with this machine, such as Schmetz universal needles, bobbins size 15 (plastic only), and a few of the universal sewing machine feet... as always be careful testing per item or ask Janome. I did read online to stay away from metal bobbins with this machine.
-Excellent multi-use machine. I ran this machine through its paces today on anything from silky fabrics to lightweight knits to woven fabrics to fleece and batting combos. I even performed a button and buttonhole with it. I wanted a home machine that could handle all the crazy things I attempt (plus heavy duty projects) and this machine is exactly what I needed.
-Stitches available may not be that many in comparison to some machines, but unless you're doing a lot of pretty edges it's not that necessary to have more than this machine offers. This machine can do all the standards (single, zigzag) plus stretch stitches. It has a few decorative stitches though.I might've used a floral or leaf design on occasion, but so rarely that it's not worth considering over the rest of the machine.
-Extra feet included are fantastic. Hemmer and buttonhole take some getting used to.
-Extra bobbins included.
-Price. Even though I paid more than I originally wanted to, I quickly saw that for what I wanted, I needed a machine that would have good mechanics and design. For what you get, this machine gives you a lot for your money. It won't be a use and throw away machine.
-For me mechanical was a perk - I've seen enough objects that wear out on only the screen / electrical, rendering the rest of the device useless. Wish I could build a new sewing machine out of coconuts. Maybe I'll try that project next.
-Metal frame, entire unit and items included look like excellent quality. (and are luckily not made of coconuts)
-There are a lot more dials to tweak on this machine to get a better result. This is in comparison to all the old "normal" household sewing machines I've used.
-Feed dog drop lever instructions. If you drop the feed dogs, you might find they won't go back up. The manual seems to imply that a simple switch will cause the feed dogs to drop and then raise. I ran into this issue when I started running my new machine through all it could do. I was mystified when the switch didn't raise the feed dogs. A lot of people complained about this issue, and one person mentioned all you do is put the switch into "raise feed dogs" position and then rotate the hand wheel. Voila, they pop back up. This looks like an accidental omission in the manual.
-The foot pedal cord is short. I was really worried about this at first but found a way to thread it behind my desk to make it comfortable for me. I'm a bit on the taller side so for someone working at a taller desk this could be a really annoying problem. The power cord also might be a bit short but this didn't impact me as much.
-There are a lot more dials to tweak...this can be a problem too if you're not wanting that much to figure out. That said, I didn't find the dials to be "too much." Once I read the manual everything was pretty simple. And you don't have to use some of the dials for your straightforward sewing anyway.
-No speed control. I was hoping this one might have this feature, but it doesn't. It's the one "bells and whistles" type feature I would've loved to have.
Overall, if you do enough quilting, heavy duty sewing, plus more everyday sewing, this is a fantastic machine. I'm very pleased with it so far and I think it will be a machine with longevity.
Update: I have had the machine for a year now and it is still sewing strong. I have done quilts, bags, home décor etc. Just wanted to say you can't go wrong with this machine. I even bought a more expensive sewing/embroidery machine but this one is my favorite.