Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine with Exclusive Bundle
Style Name: Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine with Exclusive Bundle|Change

on July 29, 2011
I used to have a used Top of Line sewing machine and it was fabulous, sewed great, but cost lots of money (even used). Like everyone nowadays budget is a huge concern and it turned out I really don't have as much time to sew as I thought I would. Hubby, kids, etc...all taking my time. :) So I decided to sell my Top of Line machine and purchased this machine instead.

Let me say, this machine has been fabulous. It arrived brand new with all the accessories. The buttonhole foot was in the little drawer that is underneath the machine. This machine has been nothing but a joy to use. It has a great looking straight stitch and for the budget conscious it was a fraction of the cost of my used TOL machine. I do have Amazon prime and spent the extra $3.99 to get it next day and it arrived the next day. Perfect.

This machine is NOT computerized which did take a bit of getting used to for me, and the absolute ONLY thing I really miss is that on some computerized models, the needle can stop always up or always down. People always tout this as a "beginner" machine, but I'm not sure why a really excellent seamstress couldn't/wouldn't use one of these. Maybe my application is different than most. But I find that even on the TOL machine I didn't really use all the extra stitches that much. Then again at this point in my life my projects have to be relatively quick and simple...or they don't get finished.

This machine even has overcasting stitches so you can finish your raw edges and avoid raveling. I LOVE the bobbin on these machines. Has the see through cover and you can see how much thread you have left. Anyway, absolutely no regrets here. It's a nice solid machine, heavy enough so it doesn't bounce around while sewing and the presser foot lifts extra high to allow for thick fabrics to go underneath.
11 comment| 389 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 24, 2015
Great little machine. Nice and heavy (doesn't bounce around the table) with many extra stitches. Very easy to thread and I love the clear door to follow the bobbin running out. Unless you are into appliqués or complex sewing this is all you need.
on January 11, 2017
I am very happy with my Janome Magnolia 7318 sewing machine. It is very easy to use and is lightweight so it's easy to move. Love it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 14, 2012
Having learned to sew in home ec in the 50's, and making my clothes then, I was hesitant to try a new brand sewing maching. After exhaustive search I purchased the Janome Magnolia 7318 and couldn't be happier. It has enough of the manual operations that I am familiar with and the automated operations are easy to learn. I have purchased additional feet; It has done everything I have asked it to do and I am getting better and better with practice.
on August 10, 2015
Very happy with this machine. I'm an art teacher and was looking for something simple enough for beginners, and read a lot of good reviews on the Janome Magnolia. No complaints. Straight forward, easy to use.
on July 12, 2016
This is a great little machine for the price.
on July 31, 2011
this machine has all the atributes of an old fashioned sewing machine with more modern benefits.the stitching is perfection and there is so little sound that you are lulled into a sence of enjoyment!
11 comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 25, 2015
AS EXPECTED! GREAT FOR BEGINNERS!!
on April 9, 2013
I started sewing about two months ago and I've had this machine for a few weeks. It's similar to the Janome model I'm using for my classes at a local studio. It's smooth and easy to figure out. So far I've only used two of the stitches (straight and zig-zag) but I haven't had any problems. Would be a great buy for anyone looking for something not too complicated and not looking for anything too fancy.
on March 28, 2013
Magnolia is lighter weight for transport. Sewing machine runs so smoothly and sound level is not too noisy. Had to learn to drop the needle before stitching and to hold the threads toward the back so the machine did not jam. I am very happy with my purchase. However, learned Janome doe not honor the warranty unless you purchase machine from a Janome dealer.