Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on May 16, 2010
I am sooo glad I bought this machine.. it's really quite easy to use.. within 1/2 hour of unpacking it, I was sewing away! Easy to thread, easy to use, the knee lifter for the presser foot and the auto thread cut are great. Very easy to change the feet, even while you are 'mid stitch'. Everything you would ever need is included. The extension table is a great plus especially since I am a quilter. I previously owned a Janome and wanted to stick with them and this model was a great choice! I highly recommend this machine! The only complaint I would have is the absence of a hard carrying case, ()although it does come with a soft cover.
44 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2014
Wonderful. Having lots of fun with it.
on November 10, 2014
This sewing machine is fun. I'm a quilter and it's very useful. I've also used the monogram feature to make some name tags. Use it almost every day.
on October 5, 2011
I purchased this machine while my Baby Lock Quest is still in the shop being repaired (it's been there since August 29th)! This machine is very similar to the Baby Lock Quest--they are both professional computerized machines with loads of decorative stitches, several buttonholes, two styles of monogramming, and many other utility and everyday stitches. This machine has a knee lift, which is great when turning corners or anytime you need to lift the foot off the fabric but still need both hands. It has the BEST foot storage compartment container that I have ever seen or had with a sewing machine (I have been sewing for over 40 years)! There is a thread cutter button that I have never had before & absolutely love--it cuts the thread when pushed after stitching and you only have about 1/2" of thread left on the fabric. It has a large extension table that's a dream to use when quilting or sewing any project. Another of the wonderful features is an independent motor when rewinding a bobbin, which can be done while sewing! The arm and the bed space are extended which is fabulous when quilting or sewing a large project. There is NOT a free arm on this machine, which is the only thing I do not like about it. It does have so many other capabilities and features that make this machine really fantastic and wonderful to own.
on August 19, 2011
I am a quilter and have purchased lots of sewing machines for different purposes, some very expensive ones. I was looking for a machine with a bigger opening, making it easier to quilt a larger quilt, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. This machine has so many great features like the scissors,lots of feet and the extension table, that I decided to take a chance even though some people seemed to have difficulty with free motion quilting. I purchased the low tension bobbin case as well. I just finished free motion quilting and loved it. It was nice and even and the back of the quilt looked great as well. The scissors worked perfectly but sometimes leaves a small thread "nest" on the back, but if you pull up your bobbin thread before sewing, it would not do that. Only downsides are no sleeve opening and the needle threader is plastic. But other than that it is perfect.
on May 22, 2011
I have had this machine for about 8 months and absolutely love it. I also own a Juki 654, Janome HD3000, Janome 300E and a blind hemmer. THe 6500 is the center of my sewing room. I love everything about it. I have not used all the stitches but the one have used are beautiful. It is not loud and runs very smooth. I wanted to get a more advance but this is perfect no need for something more sophisticated.
on November 26, 2011
I purchased this machine in August 2011. It's now December 2011 - I have purposefully waited a long time to write this review. Prior to owning this machine I had been sorely disappointed in sewing machines (breaking constantly, bad tension devices, sad little excuses for workmanship) and wanted to try all the aspects this machine had to offer before saying anything. I am pleased to say that this is a jewel of a sewing machine. I have been in 7th heaven for several months now. I am a quilter and very "picky" about certain things on a machine. This substantially heavy machine is wonderful. I have memorized the booklet that came with it so as to make new adventures make more sense. This machine does everything I need a machine to do and then some. I am one very happy and fortunate sewer to have found this machine. Thanks to Amazon for uniting us for what I am sure will be a long run. I am thrilled with the purchase, the delivery, the actual machine itself, the first rate body of the machine. As always, Amazon, you are one great source for my family and I am most appreciative!
on July 19, 2015
I researched for quite a while before purchasing this. I free-motion quilt and I was tired of dealing with machines where the tension was never consistent. This sewing machine has solved my problem! I LOVE it. I also have another Janome I paid $350 for and just didn't do the job, although it's a great machine for what it does. If you need a machine where the stitching is consistent on the top and underside, look no more!
on February 26, 2012
this machine is wonderful! I am a fiber artist and quilter with many years of sewing experience. it is replacing a Viking which is about 25 years old. this machine is responsive, sturdy, the work area is superior to any other machine I have used and so very easy to use. the results are precise and rewarding. there are many interesting and creative stitches in the machine and I especially love the automatic thread cutter and foot presser lift and needle threader. I grow to like it more everyday and am thrilled with how much faster the projects are completed.
on October 6, 2013
I have had my machine approximately a month at this time. I have been going through the instruction book and practicing the stitches. The manual is very easy to understand and everything seems to be going as intended. This machine is very heavy and solid, this is not one that you can take to class. It does not have a solid had cover, only a soft cover. I think it is a good buy for the price. I had priced 3 other top brands, and to get a machine that had all the features of the MC6500 I would have to spend at $700 to $1200 more depending on the brand. I will be starting a big Christmas project in a short time, and will give another review after giving this machine a good workout.