Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 184 reviews
on November 21, 2015
An amazing read. The reason for the 4 stars is because the use of Nison's expansive vocabulary can lose a majority of readers, making it uneasy to follow along. That being said it can go from being informative, to being extremely boring. Still great information, and a must have for anyone who is seeking to learn these techniques. Consider this the Calculus of Japanese Candlesticks.
on December 15, 2002
This is a marvelous piece of work by someone that can convey the message to his readers in a very clear way. The book is easy and fun to read. Before I met this book I was struggling to predict were will the market head from, now it has become less guess work for me. I no longer use bar charting after this reading but only candlestick charting on intra day and daily charts as well. This book was a turning point in my trading endeavor. The book describes different candle formation the can show a tiring up/down move and it's about to reverse, or continuation patterns. Those who like to short can benefit from this book greatly. You will need to have candlestick charting software that allows you to benefit from this reading. Online brokers don't provide this capability. Look at direct access trading brokers like [...] or others. Another book that is indispensable is "Technical analysis of stock trends" by Edward & Magee, this the bible, however it uses bar charting.
on May 24, 2017
Great book
on August 4, 2002
The first time I looked at Candlesticks charting on the Internet was 3 years ago with my broker. However, I didn't understand it just by looking and said to my self "this looks ugly" how can people view this, then I forgot about it. After reading the 2 books by Nison I only look at candlesticks charting "intra day" or yearly chart. What difference a book can make.
So far the book of "Edwards Magee on Technical analysis" and the book of Steve Nison are the best of all I have encountered on explaining charts, they are classic work. The first one is complex to read, the later one is fun. I have shorted a lot of stocks too many times and lost in most cases, but never understood what is the right time and the correct signal to do so, now I know the answer from these two books.
The book is an easy one to read, it's well put together in simple English. It has a lot of charts and well classified. The author explains the different patterns that appear in charts and their implications on a potential move in one direction or another.
on October 26, 2012
For new traders please don't even imagine that this is the way to be a millionaire trading need a lot more than just knowing the candlesticks, The author did a very good job explaining it, the book is made from good quality paper and I defiantly enjoyed reading it, the collection almost covers all the candlesticks types. This is more like a reference for most of the candlestick you will find in the market, yet candlestick is a small part very small actually in the technical analysis world!
on March 26, 2015
It is a good compilation of past studies of the East on the demand and supply forces of the market. The author goes into combining it with western charting methodologies in the second half of the book. The book is easy to read with a touch on the founder of candlestick techniques. Highly recommend to anyone studying the demand and supply forces of the market.
on August 9, 2013
The absolute best book on gaining a deeper understanding of candlesticks! This book will show you how to utilize candlesticks with other indicators as well! He speaks in easy to understand english; and not alot of technical mumbo jumbo, basic understanding of charts is all thats needed to incorporate everything he teaches about candles.
on February 7, 2015
Just a novice investor but found this book to be a wealth of information. It is very detailed and had to read parts of it several times but I have used the strategies to invest and my portfolio performance over the past 5 years has been 18.23 percent. I checked it out of the library first, but wanted to make it a permanent part of our library for reference.
on April 28, 2016
The writer explains how candlesticks works so well with other analysts that are used regularly in most trading systems. After reading I have a better understanding of candlesticks and I am more confident in making trades using candlesticks.
on December 18, 2016
Gets a little complicated as the book progresses, got lost, will take many goings over to capture all the information. I don't think this info will help me make much profits.