- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (June 7, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764554298
- ISBN-13: 978-0764554292
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.9 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 122 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,002,898 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Japanese For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Speak Japanese – the fun and easy way!
Packed with clear explanations and real-world examples
Your friendly guide to understanding Japanese – quickly and easily!
Whether you’re a student, a traveler, or you just want to pick up basic Japanese, this unintimidating guide will help you start speaking the language in no time. Inside you’ll find a wealth of fascinating cultural facts and handy references – including a Japanese-English mini-dictionary, lists of common expressions and verbs, and much more!
All this on the bonus audio CD
- Pick up Japanese the easy way –through actual conversations
- Features dialogues by native Japanese speakers
- Allows you to hear Japanese as it’s really spoken
- Reinforces lessons from the book
Get smart! @www.dummies.com
- Find listings of all our books
- Create your own personalized book with Hungry Minds a la Carte
- Sign up for daily eTips at www.dummiesdaily.com
About the Author
Eriko Sato, PhD, is Professor of Japanese at State University of New York (SUNY) at Stony Brook. Sato is a native Japanese speaker experienced in teaching Japanese and in translation.
Top customer reviews
This book was good, but it was basic.
I would have liked to have been taught a simple idea, given many examples of its usage, then ask me questions to show that I understood the idea. The one thing I can see myself using this book for in the future is to pick a topic I am interested in and memorize the vocabulary for that chapter. I'll look elsewhere for my Japanese learning.