Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on April 27, 2011
For the uninitiated, making onigiri by hand can be quite difficult. This mold allows you to make two perfectly shaped onigiri at a time. It's simple to use, easy to clean, and well designed. The instructions are in Japanese, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to use it. Fill it about 1/2 way with rice, make a small indent, place your filling of choice, and then top it off with more rice. Then use the top piece to pack the rice and the buttons on the bottom to release your perfectly shaped onigiri. The textured interior helps prevent rice from sticking but wetting the mold with cold water before use can also help. With this, you'll be able to make all sorts of onigiri quickly and easily! I just wish it came in colors other than pink...

Pros:
Simple and quick operation
Easy to clean
Thoughtful design
Durable

Cons:
Only comes in pink

Bottom line: A great onigiri mold that will help you make perfectly shaped onigiri quickly and easily!
on May 20, 2013
My son is a very picky eater, but he will eat onigiri every day for lunch...but attempting to hand shape the sushi rice (while still hot!) was not a fun feat, and frankly, no matter how many different ways I tried it, it never looked as pretty or held together overly well. Plus, the whole handling hot rice thing.

These molds make PERFECT onigiri every single time. The trick is to wet the mold lightly, then spoon in some of the rice, press down, add your filling (my son prefers ham & cheese) and then spoon more rice over the filling, and press down again. Take the top off, invert your mold over a place and lightly press out the onigiri. Wrap with seaweed, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and it looks adorable. Paired with the plastic egg molds that turn hard boiled eggs into an adorable edible protein source, these are fantastic additions to your bento box!

Was very pleased with the price as well!
on June 25, 2014
This is a wonderful product! While it did take a bit for it to ship out, it wasn't TOO long of a wait. and once i got it i went right to using it, the plastic is wonderfully durable, the textured inside is AMAZING, and it worked perfectly when i made 2 little packed onigiris. to test it out i tried different "amounts" of rice as its hard to tell how much rice to pack into it before pressing, but i say loosely pack it, and it should be fine

my only critique about the product is i feel it sometimes doesn't pack the rice enough (even when i tried adding a large amount, to the point of where it was harder to press) and the rice in the middle tends to fall apart.
on December 24, 2014
This sushi mold is really sturdy and easy to use. I've been using it for more then five years now and it still looks and performs as if brand new. Making onigiri is extremely easy and you can make two at once to save time. I use it all of the time and it always looks impressive. Totally worth the money, this thing will last forever and making onigiri will be effortless basically!
on December 27, 2010
I just returned from living in Japan for five years, where I got used to eating onigiri regularly. It's surprisingly hard to make them by hand if you put anything in the middle, so I bought this mold. I love it!! It's super easy to make perfect onigiri, and the rice slides out easily. It comes with two little plastic buttons that make a depression to put the filling, but the depression is pretty small, so I just popped out those buttons and instead just put down a layer of rice, then my filling, then a top layer of rice in each side, squish it down, and have two perfect onigiri in seconds.
on June 15, 2011
This does its job, is easy to use, and I haven't had any trouble with sticking. It is nice for portion control. When I'm making onigiri by hand, I have a tendency to use way too much rice. I would recommend product.
on November 15, 2011
when i first got it, i thought it might be too small, but when i started using it, i was just so amazed at how easy it was to make rice balls! the rice doesn't get stuck inside the molder.. and there's easy release buttons in the bottom. the part that you use to push everything down has little balls in the middle of it, incase you want to press something into the center of the rice ball.. then you can cover it up with more rice.

the ease of use, easy to wash, i strongly suggest this item.
on April 11, 2011
I got this product baised on the reviews already made, and it lived up to the hype. The only thing with it is that you should probably keep it wet while making your Onigiri as the rice has a tendency to stick. Also if you want to add filling I suggest filling it halfway then adding filling then filling it the rest of the way with rice, but that is just a personal thing because I like a lot of filling. In the end it was easy to use, easy to clean and made wonderful Onigiri!
on March 23, 2010
I got two different molds at the same time, and ended up liking this one much better. There is a kind of slightly bumpy texture on the inside that helps the rice slide out easier, which is great for someone as ham-handed as I am. It was my first time trying anything like this, and my onigiri turned out good enough to send to school with my kid.
on September 6, 2011
When I first got this I thought I would be making big 'ol onigiri but they were perfect size and so uniform. When I make them by hand I get different sizes and it takes a while to make them. I just made a whole bunch using this mold in no time. It's so easy!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.