Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 286 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 302 reviews
on October 14, 2013
I was shopping around for little glass bowls that I could use in the kitchen to hold pre-measured ingredients when it occurred to me that I would get more use out of tiny mason jars.

If you like to keep chopped onions in the fridge, a small mason jar is perfect because the tops will keep odors from getting into the fridge.

If you like to eat bean salads, a small mason jar is perfect because it holds a nice portion for a "side" in the lunch box and you can pre-pack them ahead of time.

If you make your own hummus, you can divide it up between two jars and use them to dip veggies or pita into.

I used mine to melt chocolate chips in a pot of hot water. While the microwave may be faster, I enjoyed doing it in the mason jar on the stove, making what I assume to be a "double boiler". The chocolate melted nicely, there seemed to be much less chance of scorching it, and it didn't get overly hot unlike when you microwave it.

I suppose they would be handy to shape/cut biscuit dough as well.

And, of course, you can vacuum pack your jars to keep the food fresher longer, especially if you are making 5 portions for the work week and want to make sure Friday's lunch is as good as Monday's.

Anyway, these jars have lots of uses and you will surely find more uses than you have jars.
on November 29, 2013
I bought these jars for my daughter's spa party. We made homemade sugar scrubs and filled the jars. We printed a simple label and had a great party favor.
on October 10, 2015
Wow, these things are the poorest bottles I have seen. The interior is not smooth, and where the side meets the bottom there are pits where you can not push a cloth in to wipe the food out. The variations in the glass are hard to see until a bit of food gets stuck there. I bought 24 bottles and four of them have broken. The bottoms fell off with no chipping or shattering. Next time I will pay a bit more and buy something else.
on January 20, 2016
These come in a 12 pack of 1/2 pint, glass jars. The whole carton is wrapped tight in plastic so the jars don't bounce around and they are packaged very well. I love these mason jars. They are very well made and I love to use them for crafting. This year I made everyone a body scrub and used these jars with a ribbon tied around them as the container. I got so many compliments. The size is perfect for something like this and the wide mouth allows you to reach into them much easier than a normal size jar. I will definitely be using these as my go to wide mouth jar.
on March 15, 2013
I needed some small canning jars to store herbs that were drying out in their original plastic bags. I had not heard of Jarden but for about $1.50 each I figured I'd give it a try. When they arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were Kerr jars, second only to Mason in the canning world. Since I was washing the whole set in the dishwasher before use, I filled a few up with water, attached the caps, and placed them inverted on the counter top. An hour later, no leaks, so good there. My only practical comment is to treat the ring top piece with care... the metal is very soft and easy to deform, which could affect re-seal-ability. So keep that gorilla out of the kitchen and you'll have no trouble. Happy canning, or stash storing!
on June 26, 2014
I bought these jars not just for canning but for multiple uses. The first time I washed them, I saw a couple tiny little rust spots on the lids. After about a month or so, I'm seeing a lot more rust spots. It's a shame--hopefully I can eventually find replacement lids because it'd be a shame to waste the glass jars. They are definitely still useable, but with the heavy use I intend for them, I don't think they will last more than a year.
on February 5, 2015
Several of these cracked after filling them. The bottoms broke out on them.

Update: By far the very best shipping experience I've ever had! I don't know how, but it was delivered on Sunday. For free. Ordered Friday afternoon delivered Sunday! Wow! Thx. Also, package was just fine. No problems whatsoever!
on January 10, 2017
Excellent for Sous Vide cooking. Water tight and easy to move around in the water bath. I love using them to cook Crème Brulee.
on May 29, 2017
These are high quality jars, in a handy size.
I use them to make sous vide custards in my Joule for my husband, who finds them an ideal size dessert. For the sous vide use, the lids can be washed and re-used, too.
on September 18, 2015
I own a FoodSaver foodvac and it uses widemouth jars so thought these would be great. They work fine with the FoodSaver's wide mouth jar attachment. However, unlike the Ball wide mouth jars, they don't hold the vacuum more than a few days. Also, so far 6 out of 12 have developed an odd inch-size curved crack at the bottom of the jar and after a few more uses the piece falls out of the bottom so the jars are no good. Wish I could purchase the Ball widemouth jars as they always hold the vacuum suction and have never developed odd cracks without being dropped first. Maybe this batch of jars was defective or maybe this is typical of this brand. just want to warn others that you may be wasting your money as I did buying these. UPDATE: Have attached photos of two jars with those cracks to illustrate the problem.
review image review image review image