- Flexible earloop for most comfortable fit
- Fits securely & comfortably in either ear
- Adjustable boom mic
- Lightweight design for on-the-go or stay-put use
- For cordless and mobile phones with 2.5mm phone jack.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Comfortable earlobe clip
- Secure fit
- Wear on either ear
- Flexible boom mic
- For cordless and mobile phones with 2.5mm jacks
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This product is GE / Jasco model 86593 for phones with 2.5mm jacks (connect with 2 black band / 3 silver band plug). These are older cell phones and house phones. If you want to use it with a modern cellphone (3.5mm jack and 3-band / 4 silver tip plug) you will need an adapter.
I liked this earpiece for years. The earpiece soft loop works fine for me. The difference between the two models (2.5mm and 3.5mm plug) is only the plug, the earpiece is the same good quality/low price headset.
- Earpiece sound is good
- Boom microphone picks up very clearly; sometimes too well. Every once in a while I get one that's too sensitive, so I put a drop of superglue on the plastic covering the microphone to quiet it down.
- Unlike bluetooth, no charging is needed, no RF radiating device against my head, and it's inexpensive enough I keep one at home, work, and in the car.
- It's a good product, although I recommend you purchase the same version with a 3.5mm tip instead unless you specifically need a 2.5mm headset or like extra adapters.
For an "all in one" headset, I recommend the GE Universal "All-in-one" hands free headset. It's GE model 98996. (Also known as Jasco 98996) Same headset, but comes with a 3.5mm tip and two adapters:
- One to change from 3.5mm to older 2.5mm tips
- One to use with computers (3.5mm phone to split 3.5mm microphone/3.5mm speaker adapter)
If you search for model 98996 on Amazon, you will direct back to this incorrect (2.5mm) headset even though, prior to my review, that number was nowhere on the page or background HTML.
This product SKU: (30878 86593).
All in one 3.5mm product SKU: (30878 98996)
If you have a cordless phone with a 2.5mm jack and you want a decent headset, this one is a solid option. I also bought the inexpensive Plantronics and this one won over in volume, quality, and comfort. They're both fine, yet I pick this one as the winner.
- sits nicely on and in your ear (earbuds and other in-ear things almost never fit me, yet this one is nicely snug)
- light - you hardly feel it there
- loud - gives you way more volume than most of these
- mic for your mouth is closer to your mouth than most competitors - it seems like it picks up your voice better
- pivots at two points so that the ear bud and the mic can be adjusted to different angles
- over ear piece seems flimsy. I love that it allows you to form it over your ear easily (just worried that it might break...but hey...it's so inexpensive that I bought a backup
- when I listen back to my voice through this line, I have a lisp (although in real life, I do not have a lisp). This is true of every one I have purchased (all brands) so far, so it's possible that it's my cordless phone. I do training events, so it's not a desirable sound.
Over the years I've owned many different types. This one appealed to me because it had a mic with a long boom which is usually only found on the headsets that fit over the head.
When I received it and fit it onto my ear, it was very comfortable and the mic reached closer to my mouth than the other earsets I had before. I just knew, based on the reviews, that this was going to be the best earset/headset for me. Almost no one mentioned what I was about to discover.
I plugged it into my cell phone. Instantly, with my phone in standby mode, I heard a humming sound. I wasn't overly alarmed by that alone because when I woke the phone up-pressed a button-the humming stopped. Then I made a call. The person I called (which later became PEOPLE I called as I tried it out with others as well)could hear all kinds of background/road noise. But the worse was them hearing every word they spoke echoed back to them, no echoes on my side though.
I really loved the way this earset was designed with the extra length to the mic and how snugly it fitted on the ear. But I had to send it back. If they could fix the echoing and background noise problem, this earset would be a best seller.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am very pleased with this hands free device it's light weight and easy to slip over your ear, if it wasn't for the phone attached you would forget you have it on, the sound is... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
It has good sound and is comfortable on my ear. The mic isn't good, though. It sounds like you're talking through a tin can. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
So glad I found this earset! Was looking all over the internet and ordered another that wasn't what I wanted and had to return it. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
I use this on my cordless phone and it is sufficient and comfortable. It is not as loud as I would like and that is why I am giving it only 4 stars.Published 8 months ago by chippilyn