Java 2: The Complete Reference, Fifth Edition 5Rev Ed Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"The Eighth Sister" by Robert Dugoni
A pulse-pounding thriller of espionage, spy games, and treachery by the New York Times bestselling author of the Tracy Crosswhite Series. | Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Let Herb Schildt, the world's leading programming author, show you everything you need to develop, compile, debug, and run Java applications and applets. This definitive guide contains complete details on the Java language, its class libraries, and its development environment along with hundreds of examples and expert techniques. Fully updated to cover the latest features of Java 2, v1.4, including the new I/O API, regular expressions, chained exceptions, the assert keyword, and upgrades to Java's networking classes and the Collections Framework, this comprehensive reference is a must-have for every Java programmer. And, everything is explained in the clear, uncompromising style that has made Herb Schildt the choice of millions worldwide.
- Master the entire Java language and its core libraries
- Build portable applets and applications
- Fully utilize the Abstract Windows Toolkit (AWT)
- Use layout managers effectively
- Supercharge your programs using multithreading
- Leverage the power of the Collections Framework
- Apply Java's networking and imaging classes
- Migrate code from C++ to Java
- Explore servlets, Swing, and JavaBeans
- Learn about Java's newest features--including the new I/O and regular expression APIs, the assert keyword, and chained exceptions
About the Author
- Paperback : 900 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0070495432
- ISBN-10 : 0070495432
- Item Weight : 3.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 7.25 x 2.5 x 9 inches
- Publisher : McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 5Rev Ed Edition (August 13, 2002)
- Language: : English
- ASIN : 0072224207
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,193,446 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: