- Buy 7 JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinders, Get 3 FREE Enter code B7FREE03 at checkout. Offered by JavaPresse Coffee Company. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Buy 5 JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinders, Get 2 FREE Enter code B5FREE02 at checkout. Offered by JavaPresse Coffee Company. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Buy 3 JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinders, Get 1 FREE Enter code B3FREE11 at checkout. Offered by JavaPresse Coffee Company. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Buy 2 JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinders, Save 18% Enter code 2SSAVE18 at checkout. Offered by JavaPresse Coffee Company. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Amazon Business: Make the most of your Amazon Business account with exclusive tools and savings. Login now
- Amazon Business : For business-only pricing, quantity discounts and FREE Shipping. Register a free business account
JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder with Adjustable Setting - Conical Burr Mill & Brushed Stainless Steel Whole Bean Burr Coffee Grinder for Aeropress, Drip Coffee, Espresso, French Press, Turkish Brew
|List Price:||$38.95 Details|
|With Deal:||$29.99 & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$8.96 (23%)|
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- [ Built-in Adjustable Grind Selector ] Equipped with over 18 click settings ensures you have 100% precision & control over the coarseness of your coffee beans making for the perfect grind to start your day.
- [ Convenient & Easy to Use ] Removable hand crank mechanism consistently eliminates over 90% of the noise that electric grinders produce. No batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your portable compact manual grinder.
- [ Grind Fresh Coffee, Everyday! ] JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder only dispenses your desired fresh coffee bean experience - feel the coffee beans grind as you mill them the manual way! Smell the fresh aroma of your daily coffee as you brew them on your espresso machine. Ground, brew, and enjoy!
- [ Coffee is in our DNA ] Each JavaPresse manual grinder is designed to liberate and empower you to transform your favorite whole bean coffee ritual into an extraordinary daily experience.
- [ Patented Ceramic Combo Burrs ]- Our Signature Burr Grinder blades are designed and tested through three professional grade inspections to last 5x's longer than stainless steel blades.
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Why is it important to grind my coffee right before brewing?
Coffee begins to lose about 40% of its aroma and essential oils within 15 minutes of grinding. Grinding just before brewing gives you the best chance of getting most of those flavors into your cup.
How much coffee can I grind at a single time?
The catcher itself is built to carry up to 38 mL of whole bean coffee at once, which is enough for 2 cups of coffee (depending on how strong you like your brew).
What are the exact adjustment settings for various grind sizes?
Turn the adjustment knob all the way to the right. Each number below represents a "click" to the left.
Coarse: 13-18 Medium Coarse: 10-12 Medium: 7-9 Medium Fine: 4-6 Extra Fine: 1-3
We recommend using this as your starting point when grinding.
How do you clean the grinder and how often should I do it?
We recommend cleaning the grinder every time you switch roasts so there aren't any residue left over from previous blends affecting the flavor of your brews. But this one is totally up to you and how particular you are with the taste of your brew.
How small is your coffee grinder?
It's very small! Technically, it's 1.8 x 1.8 x 7.5 inches, which is thin enough to fit into most peoples' hands (which helps with comfortable grinding). Our grinder is one of the smallest manual grinders around and can easily fit into a small bag!
Compare with similar items
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
0) First off, this thing grinds quite well, which it should since that's is sole job (but see #2). Espresso absolutely tastes noticeably different between this and an electric blade grinder. If you want espresso, you need a non-blade grinder of some sort, for certain.
1) This device is ... SLOOOOOW ... at grinding espresso for two people. It is quite fast if you want a French press (takes us about a minute), but if you want grinds small enough for several shots of espresso, be prepared to elbow grease it for 5-10 minutes. While this is typically a non-issue (you simply grind while talking, or watching the news, etc.), we have days where 5-10 minute grind sessions are just not possible and others were it just seems like my time should be better spent elsewhere (like walking the dog, or helping my kids). If you are a rush out the door type of morning person or have large family commitments, heads up!
1A) My friend has an electric grinder; he makes us espresso every time we go over. It takes about 5 minutes for four of us to have cups in hands. My family visited, and it was a solid 20 minutes before four of us had an espresso in hand. This is absolutely, without question, a personal use device only, at least for fine grounds.
2) Customer service for this company is BEYOND PHENOMENAL. Our first grinder just seemed off, but being espresso newbs we weren't quite sure. After explaining how it was grinding, they instantly said "nope, that's not supposed to happen" and shipped us a new grinder express. It was quick, it was polite, it was easy. Great, great, great service.
3) So the new grinder arrives, and as noted it grinds beautifully! The problem: the bottom half of the grinder (the storage container) slips off quite easily, as in, if you don't hang onto it while grinding it falls off. The fix was simple: just switch the bottom with our defective grinder. Regardless, my experience at this point, coupled with the thousands of reviews saying just how great their costumer service is, leads me to believe that the company does not have a great quality control unit and instead relies on great customer service. THAT IS FINE. If you're going to treat people like kings and queens when we contact you with defects, by all means, use that as your business model. This remains a buyer beware situation, but quite possibly the nicest one you will ever find yourself it.
So why 4 stars? Because after 4 months, I think the drawbacks are noticeable enough to call this a very good, but not great product. People need to be aware that you will spend a good chunk of time and energy grinding, and probably spend time and energy making sure your product is actually up to standard.
Bottom line: I would definitely recommend this, warts and all, based on the price and quality grinds. Just don't kid yourself about the warts.
-Works great for the Aeropress using a somewhat "fine" course setting with the conical burr just about touching the inside burrs
-While it does take a full 1-2 minutes to grind an Aeropress scoop worth of beans, it requires very minimal effort
-Built-in window is a nice add-on
-Relatively easy to clean
-Oddly enough, it fits perfectly into the hollow part of the Aeropress plunger for easy transportation
-This product is basically the same design as all the other hand grinders available on Amazon, with the same inherent design flaws
-As with all hand grinders, the grind you get for your coffee is never 100% consistent
-Plastic piece that sits inside the conical burr is very prone to breakage *****SEE BELOW*****
Okay, now for the important part! While I cannot speak for the other companies that sell basically the same product, JavaPresse sets themselves apart for their PHENOMENAL customer service! The aforementioned plastic piece inside the conical burr on mine broke after only two months of multiple grinds per day usage. After contacting JavaPresse about my broken burr using their website, I received an email back from them in literally ten to fifteen minutes asking for my address to send me a whole replacement grinder. The person who responded also told me they were going to be releasing an upgraded burr with a nylon insert that would be available within the week.
I responded with my address, thanked them for their prompt service and also asked them to alert me when the upgraded burr was available. In response not only did they send me a whole new grinder, but they had just received these upgraded burrs and sent them to me as well!!!! To say I was blown away by the immediate, prompt, and efficient response to my issues with this product is an understatement. Its not often you see or hear of customer service like this anymore!
By Matt on March 26, 2017
Coarse (13-18 Clicks) - French Press, Cold Brew, Percolator, Coffee Cupping
Medium Coarse (10-12 Clicks) - Chemex, Drip Coffee Makers, Vacuum Pots
Medium (7-9 Clicks) - Pour Over Brewers (Including Ours), Aeropress
Medium-Fine (4-6 Clicks) - Moka Pots, Pour Over Brewers, Aeropress
Fine (1-3 Clicks) - Espresso, Turkish