Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
UP4 by Jawbone Heart Rate, Activity + Sleep Tracker with Amex Payments, Black Twist
|Price:||$49.00 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- You can connect your UP4 band to an eligible American Express Card* for payments on the go at participating stores. See below for important terms and limitations.*
- One size fits most, wrist sizes ranging 5.5in–7.4in,Heart health monitoring throughout the day
- Get personalized guidance from Smart Coach
- Advanced sleep tracking automatically to capture REM, Light and Deep
- Syncs wirelessly plus 7 days battery life - Please check https://jawbone.com/up/devices for compatibility
- Android compatibility - UP2, UP3 and UP4 are compatible with Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or later.
- iOS compatibility - UP2, UP3 and UP4 are compatible with the following iOS devices:iPhone 4S or newer, iPod Touch 5th generation or newer, iPad 3 or newer, iPad Mini 1st generation or newer, iPad Air 1st generation or newer
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
You can connect your UP4 band to an eligible American Express Card* for payments on the go at participating stores.
Heart rate monitoring throughout the day with advanced insights to help you improve your overall health.
Personalized insights from Smart Coach guide you to make healthier choices every day and deliver the motivation you need to reach your goals.
Advanced Sleep tracks the true sleep stages REM, Light and Deep so you can learn more about the quality of your sleep. Your band automatically knows when you go to bed.
If there's anything to add to heart health, advanced sleep tracking and activity tracking it would be payments! With an UP4 band you can tap to pay from your wrist with an eligible American Express Card.
*An "eligible American Express Card" for the UP4 band means an American Express U.S. Consumer or Small Business credit or charge Card that is not cancelled and that is issued to you by a U.S. banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid Cards and products, American Express Corporate Cards and American Express-branded Cards or account numbers issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Must have a valid User ID at Americanexpress.com for an eligible Card.
Only one U.S. Amex-issued consumer or small business credit or charge Card can be connected to an UP4 band and can't be changed. Payment capability expires as early as 7/31/2019. Only available when you check out at merchants which accept American Express contactless payments.
See important terms and limitations at http://amex.co/UPTerms.
Top customer reviews
Anyway, after the first 3 months, the rubber part of the band came completely disconnected from the plastic. There hadn't been any signs of it wearing thin or coming off, so I was really surprised. It happened overnight while I was sleeping with it. I reached out to customer support through the website - they were super quick to respond and offered to ship me a replacement. They did make a point to mention the device was out of warranty because it had a "cosmetic issue" - which I get, because every company does that, but c'mon! It's clearly a poor quality band.
I thought maybe mine was a fluke but then two weeks later, my friend (for whom I had bought this band as a gift) had the same issue happen with his band. What's worse is that the shipping notification for my replacement never came (it's been two weeks) and when I emailed to ask about it, I got no follow-up.
As I mentioned, the device is great and if it worked the way it did for the first three months I had it, I would recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately, with the low quality band and the very high likelihood of losing it (it unclasps easily), I'm not sure I can recommend this to anyone else. It sucks because I definitely feel that I sunk a lot of money (and time) into it. Wish I could get a refund!
UPDATE: Manufacturer sent me a replacement band finally. It started slipping off my wrist regularly after ~3 months and then the rubber started to tear again just like last time. Haven't heard back yet on whether I will get another replacement. Have my eye on the Fitbit though!
Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback.
We're pleased to hear that, initially, our Customer Care resolved the issue for you but given the issue you've encountered, as well as the fact that you weren't provided additional information in relation to shipment, we apologize for your experience being less than satisfactory.
We regularly evaluate our manufacturing practices to ensure the reliability and strength of our trackers. 24/7 wear can affect the lifespan of wearables due to a variety of factors including the environment and each unique use case.
That being said, what you have reported here is unusual as UP3 is designed to maintain physical integrity during normal day to day activity. If you haven't already done so, please reach out to us at https://help.jawbone.com/contact so we can put a fast and effective resolution in place for you.
I gave this 2 stars because it has a lot of cool tech, however it is ruined by poor design. So first who is supposed to use this thing I am not a huge guy but this thing barely gets on my wrist. If you are any bigger than a teenage girl look elsewhere.
Anyone who had anything to do, design testing approval, should be fired. I mean this thing is garbage. For me with despite the fact I can get the bracelet around my wrist the clasp is such a pain to get attached I end up throwing it across the room most of the time. It's a mixure of the poor clasp design/quality and the small size of the product on my wrist. Overall soooo disappointed.
Well okay, then I gave it to my girlfriend who it fits on... her experience is that the clasp never stays closed and the thing is constantly coming un done and falling off.
Never buying another Jawbone product.
Now I'll echo everybody else's comments here, the clasp mechanism on this thing is the most god awful thing I've ever seen make it out of an R&D lab. It constantly comes unclasped and the metal band that changes the size of the band also does not hold its size. I hope every single person is out of a job who had any part in creating, or approving this shipment of a product with such a horribly designed clasp. The worst part is that should be the EASIEST thing to have engineered in the entire product.
tl;dr Five star functionality/product with a zero star clasping mechanism. Its too bad they're going to sink the entire company over something so small.
1) App is well built and visually more appealing than the Fitbit App. Great for showing sleep patterns vs. Fitbit.
2) Slim design on the band, minimal surface area.
3) Pretty accurate in both sleeping data and activity times.
4) Smart alarm that vibrates to wake you in the morning...way better than a noisy alarm clock.
1) Clasp--Jawbone...you need to fix this asap...very bad design...yes, everyone is complaining about it (fell off twice for me).
2) No display on the unit...have to use the app to see any data and it's not real time.
3) Battery life states 7 days for a full recharge, but I'm averaging around 4 before the app tells me to charge.
4) Inaccurate run distances...did a 2.2 mile run, but Up4 showed 3 miles. Hit app edit button, but nowhere to change distance...really???!!!
5) Online instructions state to wear it on your non-dominant wrist...Fitbit has a setting to let it know which wrist it's on.
Bottom line: The app is probably the best part about this activity band. I do enjoy looking at my sleep patterns. I would recommend cautiously avoiding this until they make a real clasp unless you want to lose this device. I would probably not buy this again until they fix these issues.