- Size (LWH): 8.88 inches, 8.06 inches, 1.31 inches
Jawbone PRIME Bluetooth Headset (Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Talk up to 4.5 hours
- Standby up to 8 days
- At least 33 ft of wireless Connectivity
- Supports Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, 2.0, 1.1, 1.0
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Military Grade Noise Assassin Technology - eliminates Background Noise, Originally developed for the use in tanks & helicopters - be confident to make calls anywhere like an airport, your car or a restaurant. Patented Voice Activity Sensor distinguishes your voice from background noise. You and your caller sound human, not robotic. Personalized fit - works with or without an earloop, includes 3 standard earbuds, 3 fit earbuds, and 1 earloop. Best Rated Bluetooth Headset Ever - Cnet's Editors Choice
Combining ergonomic modern design with the latest in noise suppression technology, the Jawbone PRIME Bluetooth headset eliminates real world noise better than any other headset--even better than its predecessor, the Jawbone 2--thanks to the improved NoiseAssassin 2.0 technology. The Jawbone PRIME can handle wind up to 10 mph, enabling you to have intelligible conversations while maintaining the natural sound of the your voice.
The Jawbone PRIME in black.
The Voice Activity Sensor (VAS) on the interior curve of the Jawbone PRIME.
The Science Behind Jawbone PRIMEOriginally developed for use in tanks and helicopters, Jawbone PRIME's NoiseAssassin is a proprietary technology that eliminates background noise from mobile phone conversations. Jawbone is the only Bluetooth headset with a Voice Activity Sensor (VAS) that actually feels your speech, which helps Jawbone distinguish your voice from background noise. The NoiseAssassin 2.0 technology embedded in the PRIME delivers an order of magnitude improvement in the noisiest environments (6 to 9dB) extracting even more noise while keeping the user's voice natural.
The Acoustic Voice Activity Detector (AVAD) provides a fail-safe mechanism when the Voice Activity Sensor (VAS) doesn't touch your face. When the VAS is not touching the face, Jawbone PRIME performs as good as or better than any other noise-cancelling headset. When the VAS touches the face, you get the turbo-boost to the NoiseAssassin performance.
- Bluetooth V2.1 compliant
- Supports Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- Up to 4.5 hours talk time
- Up to 9 days standby time
- Supports Multipoint for two audio gateways including PC
- Range up to 33 feet (10 meters)
- Weight: 0.4 ounces (11 grams)
What's in the Box
Jawbone PRIME headset, three round earbuds, three Fit earbuds, one earloop, USB cable.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The charging cable is a proprietary one and has 4 contact pins mounted on springs. They are flanked by 2 relatively strong magnets and it all looks like a great idea as the Prime bonds quite nicely when you dock it.
However over time one of the pins got stuck inside the plastic-y base and wouldn't come out. My friend's dad who has some precision tools managed to take it out but I've seen a lot of people who had to return their cable because of that problem so be aware if you purchased or will purchase to be extra careful when charging.
2. There are 2 micro switches on the unit. The back switch (for Noise assassin, redial, voice commands activation) is depressed when a small plastic nub hits it. However over time that nub becomes flatter and flatter until it can't activate the switch at all. There are ways to open and 'fix' this but that's a heads up, don't press too strongly on the back switch.
Now this headpiece works decently and cancels noise pretty well too so other than the flaws above (which I wish I knew about) it's a good product particularly if you get it on a sale.
I've used it with my Galaxy S2 and S3 android phones running Gingerbread (2.3.3/4) and ICS (4.0.4).
1. Fits my ear as it should.
2. light and easy to store in pocket
3. durable finish, doesn't attract dust.
4. quality build, feels like it'll last
5. great talk time and sounds awesome.
6. new texture finish looks $$$
My only issue is SYNC to iphones, sometimes it can get hard or confusing to simply put it in DISCOVER MODE. If you google instructions, and follow it to the T--you will get it to work.
I have requested why the actual product was delivered without the AC adapter and the Aliph Support Team states its part of the Amazon "Frustration Free" packaging.
Will omitting accessories required to use the product free me from frustration? So far, no it has not.
Will they replace the missing AC Adapter? So far, no luck.