Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Jax Sequence for Kids

on January 22, 2016
My husband and I love board games so we wanted to start our sons on fun games early! This is a fun game that little people can actually play! It truly is for ages 3 and up. In the pic, my sons ages 5, 3, and 2 are playing and are having a blast! When we do play with my younger two, we just leave out the dragon and unicorn (the cards let you remove a chip and acts as a wild respectively) to simplify the game. It plays quickly and has sturdy components. In fact, my husband and I have played it when we were in a silly mood. Great game that young and old will enjoy!
review image
77 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on July 8, 2016
This is a tough one since my 4 year old loves this game. He doesn't understand all the elements but enjoys matching the animals randomly. At 4 he doesn't have anywhere near a strategy, but I do enjoy his excitement and explaining the basics of the game to him. I don't mind playing a game that is over his head, as long as he's enjoying it.

I played this game with my 4 year old and his 2nd and 4th grade cousins and it was a NIGHTMARE. I think4 people is way too many people to be playing this game, we were at a complete stalemate as we tried to sabotage each other from getting 4 in a row, and ended up having to end the game without a winner.

I'm sure we will have several years of fun out of this board game when its just 2 players, but I do think there are better games for 4 year olds. (Zingo, Hoot Owl Hoot, Hisss).
23 people found this helpful
on December 29, 2017
Best gift my 4yo got for her birthday. This game takes no reading skills...only matching the animal on the card to the animal on the board.

if you are familiar with Sequence, the goal is to get 5 in a row. This game uses specialty cards (animals instead of traditional playing cards) and you only need 4 in a row. Game moves quickly and a great introduction to games where each player is working independently (instead of games like candy land where everyone goes from point A to point B together)
6 people found this helpful
on May 21, 2018
My four year old son has so much fun playing this game! Our family is just recently getting him some games to play and this one was top of our list!
The game is a little challenging for him though...while he loves playing it, he hasn't yet quite gotten all the concepts yet (such as blocking others from winning, not showing your cards to other players, and planning ahead to get four of his in a row). However, these "advanced" concepts are the EXACT reason why we bought the game - so he would learn them!! He has gotten better and better each time we have played. After playing fewer than five times, he knows exactly how to use the unicorn and dragon cards to prevent others from getting four in a row (but sometimes I have to remind him to look everywhere on the board for the best place to play his cards).
This game is fun for him, and is also the perfect challenge for him.
So, while he enjoys playing, I think this game will be fun for many years to come as he continues to learn the strategy part of the game.
One person found this helpful
on April 15, 2017
This game is fun for kids and adults. You have large colorful quality chips to mark your sequence of 4, and there are cards in the deck that allow you to put your chip anywhere to make a sequence and a card to remove someone else's chip when it could be blocking you from making a sequence. My 4-year old catches on to games quickly and really liked this one.
4 people found this helpful
on August 5, 2017
I bought this for my granddaughter's fourth birthday and she loved it, as did my six-year-old grandson! It's fun for adults, too, because there's strategy involved, so everyone has to be thinking ahead. My grandkids caught on to building your sequence while blocking others after a couple times of playing.

The game usually lasts around fifteen minutes, although it can be longer--and pretty exciting. Highly recommended!
3 people found this helpful
on May 25, 2016
This was such a fun game. We bought it to play with my kids(ages 3 and 5) and even had grandpa playing with us. It's very easy for kiddos to
Understand and catch on. They love the 'wild cards' as they are so different from the standard listed animals as well. This is definitely a great game for children who need help with pronunciation, or just Learning to speak. (Younger kiddos. ) I would really recommend it for kids over 7
3 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2018
We love the original sequence game and thoought the kids version would be great for neices and nephews. After reveing the online description the ages seemed to be perfect for our family. Once I received the game, I noticed on the box it was not the same age group as listed online and wouldn't work well for us afterall. Its really specified for kids ages 3-6 which puts it a little to young for us.
One person found this helpful
on May 1, 2018
I bought this for my son when he was about 2 years old and now that he's almost 4, it is still a great game. It was easy to adjust the play of the game to a young child, just matching the cards on top of the pictures of the animals (rather than the chips) and now as he's a little older, he thinks it's fun to play with a bit of competition to see who can actually win. We mostly play according to the rules now, but sometimes it's still fun to just "make a game of it" rather than worrying about rules, which is exactly what I love about this game.
on January 3, 2018
My 3 yo loves this game and Mom and dad like it too. She gets it enough to play but doesn’t quite understand strategy yet. It’s more than ntetedtong than simple match game and she loves using her unicorn card. Highly recommend for 3-5.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.