Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on February 24, 2015
As a grandmother with a seven year old granddaughter, this book caught my eye. As a retired school teacher, this is a book I definitely would have had in my classroom.

If you have a seven year old in your life, you probably already know how eager they are to start chapter books. But sometimes chapter books are also a bit daunting.

My granddaughter and I recently spent at least thirty minutes at our local bookstore while she thumbed through chapter books, only to put them back as none were the right gradient.

I knew when I saw this book that we had a winner and indeed we did.

With a good story that keeps young readers interested and also allows them to stretch their reading ability a bit farther – we were hooked.

The mystery is a good plot as children become engrossed in a story and as they read along the focus is on the story and what is happening versus the intimidation that a chapter book sometimes brings to young readers.

I was highly pleased with this book and was glad to see my granddaughter enjoying her first chapter book.
on February 3, 2015
A well written mystery book, with a subtle touch of romance, that children will enjoy reading, and fantasizing about. The author was able to conjure an atmosphere of missing children, that were not really missing, of antagonists, that were rather daft in their undertakings, of a bullied family that failed to stand up for themselves, and in the end, a disaster waiting to happen.

Why did Emma not report the missing of her husband and son to the police? Why did the Cornettonie’s bullying not reported? Why was Zak allowed to terrorize his rivals with impunity, and above all, why was the police so incompetent? Of course, these could be regarded as elements that added pulse to the story, which kept the reader wondering what the outcome would be.

I like a well concocted story, especially, if the story is a mystery. Although The Boomerang Mystery had all the lapses I mentioned above, it held my interest until the end, if only to see how the author resolved those lapses. There are many ways of ending that story, and the author’s way is one of them.
on August 11, 2012
I purchased this book as a gift for my nephew and must say that it is a brilliant read for children who like detective stories - my nephew thoroughly enjoyed it.