Hi, I'm Jay Schulman.
I'm an information security consultant living in Chicago. I like to talk. But when no one’s listening, I write.
Useless Things You Should Know About Me:
- I’ve never lived outside the state of Illinois.
- But I’ve traveled to 48 out of 50 states. (Montana and Hawaii are on the bucket list.)
- I fly so much on Southwest Airlines that my wife can fly free with me wherever I go.
- Unfortunately I haven't reached the point where my two kids can also fly free.
- In 1999, the FBI said they didn't need someone with my skills.
- Also in 1999, Playboy said they needed my skills. Security skills, that is.
- I turned them down to work for KPMG.
- It worked out ok. 10 years employment. They found me my wife. And how to be a great manager.
- And great examples of how not to manage people.
- Today I work for Cigital. They allow me to do this. I think.
My Day Job:
I help security teams develop their information security programs and capabilities. I help CISOs, CIOs and CFOs understand and react to enterprise security risks and protect against attacks. I want to build information security organizations which enable the business. Information Security shouldn't be about saying "no" but about finding a way to get to "yes." I believe in strong security processes supported by a well lead team and strategic security technologies.