Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on June 14, 2017
This is such a fun CD. My 3yo plays it over and over. It had some of the jazz greats singing silly songs. And it ends with Louis doing "What a Wonderful World." We often have dance parties when this CD is playing.
on March 6, 2017
This is the best collection of traditional Jazz for kids that I have ever come across. It even includes "Raggmopp," that rare gem of silliness that I remember from Beanie and Cecil cartoons back in the 60's! That would have been enough for me by itself, but there are greats galore, such as Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Prima, Carmen McRae, Louis Armstrong, and several others. I just put it on and the kids started boppin' away. They were immediately drawn to it. I recommend this wholeheartedly.
on January 6, 2017
This is an awesome cd! Be careful loaning it out, we loaned ours out and it never made it back to us. It's that good.
on October 18, 2016
I definitely recommend this CD. So much fun! I had it in my wish list list for over a year and then a child entered my life that needed some positive upbeat music in his life. It worked. He sings to the tunes while I drive him to school. I sing to the tunes going from school🙂 Great aunts and grandmothers enjoy!
The vast majority of the American public probably think that Slim Gaillard is the name of a dieting program, Blossom Dearie is a porcelain nick-nack carried by Hallmark stores, C.T. is an abbreviation for a state or time zone, Louis Jordan is the guy who had a hit song called "Hello Dolly" (or was it "Hello Dearie"?), Carmen McCrae was that striking Irish red-head who beat up John Wayne in "The Quiet Man," and Ella Fitzgerald was a large black woman who needed to go on the Slim Gaillard Diet Plan. To insure your child is spared such ignorance, this little collection should fill the bill. Not that hipness is all. The tunes, rhythms, and lyrics are likely to be so much fun the tot will simply get into the swing of things with little encouragement needed.

It's not one of those cheapie discs, so one might question whether the compilers went with the short program in deference to short attention spans or to a restrictive budget. No doubt opinions will vary on what else should be included--from Bob Dorough's "Conjunction Junction" to Dizzy's "School Days" or "Salt Peanuts" to John Hendricks' musical history written and performed for children ("Evolution of the Blues) to Dave Brubeck's world travelog with Carmen and Pops along for the ride ("The Real Ambassadors") to Duke Ellington, preferably with narration ("Nutcracker," "Drum Is a Woman," "Concert of Sacred Music"), to Wynton Marsalis' music plus narration. Or perhaps the foregoing have simply gone out of print due to apathy and neglect. To insure that doesn't happen again, this collection may be just the ticket--but try to make it a parent-child shared activity.

Finally, I'm not the world's biggest Tony Bennett fan, but his 1998 recording, "The Playground," is a notable exception. Apparently few agree, because this neglected, out-of-print album can be picked up for a buck or two. I purchased 4 copies, one for each of the 3 grandchildren.
on July 7, 2015
Purchased for four and five year olds who started singing, clapping, wriggling, and shaking with the music right out of the package.
They were not only delighted but actually impressed by Ella Fitzgerald's version Old McDonald. I loved hearing my little one wistfully sing the line "what a wonderful world" along with great Louis Armstrong. Nice collection.
on February 23, 2005
We own probably a dozen or so various children's music CDs, and this one rates right at the top. My three kids (5, 2, and 1) absolutely love it! They listen to it on their CD/Clock Radio as they get dressed for school every morning.

What I really appreciate is that it is conveying the Jazz form to the kids at an early age. All of the other music CDs that we have are either classical, traditional (e.g., Veggie Tales), or more "popular." The music on this CD introduces my kids to "swing" and the syncopated rhythms that are key to jazz. I love to hear them try to sing along and play their toy drums to the rhythm. It also introduces them to some of the jazz greats such as Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, and Louis Prima (well, sort of a Jazz great).

I believe this is a must-have for any child's music collection.
on February 29, 2016
Returned.
on February 28, 2014
We love this album and never take a road trip without it! Adults and kids will enjoy the tunes and singing along with Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald! We catch ourselves singing these songs all the time - Potato Chips is a favorite around here ;-) These are fun, happy songs that will make the whole family smile - I know that sounds like a cheesy advertisement, but it is true. You won't regret this purchase!
on February 6, 2016
If you bought this just for Ella Fitzgerald's heartfelt rendition of Old MacDonald Had a Farm, it would be well worth the money. What toddler wouldn't want to fall asleep to the sound of Ella's singing? But the whole album is a gem!