Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Jazzmanic
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$8.99

on June 7, 2011
Last night, I was invited to attend a local musician jam in Nashville called Tom Hurst's Loud Jazz Jam at Douglas Corner. Now granted...I live in Music City USA. We have some of the best session players and professional musicians in the world. So the amount of talent at the improv jam was amazing. Watching different players get up and just have fun with the music was great. I was thoroughly enjoying myself.

But THEN...this guy, Chris West, and his band step onto the stage to warm up...and then proceeded to blow me away with their musical skill. The songs were well crafted and the audience (of professional musicians that are hard to impress) were clapping and yelling the whole set. Even during the songs, as each player took their solos, you heard this crowd of discerning musicians yell and clap after each solo. For those outside of the NashVegas music scene, this doesn't happen often.

When I got home around 12pm, I immediately went to Amazon and purchased Chris' newest album, The Surprise Trilogy 1, and this one. I've been listening to it since and I'm still blown away. If you love this genre, do your ears a favor and purchase Chris West's albums. Support talented musicians and we won't have to be subjected to the mediocre pile of notes most in the industry call music these days.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 17, 2011
What can I say about Jazzmanic other than the fact that is is some of the best jazz I have ever heard? Funk, fusion, maintream, every jazz genre is represented in this CD. Each song not only presents a musical composition but tells a story. Two of my favorites are "Lady E's Gone" and "Lady E Returns." It is the dream of every woman alive to have a man care about her the way Chris obviously cares about Lady E and that caring is reflected in the two compositions. "Parallasax" is like date night. It begins with all of the preparations, flittering around, getting ready, small talk. Then it goes into a slow and sexy rendition of flirtation and the mating dance. Goodbye and let's do it again. "Confidential Attitude" lives up to its title, starting out wonderfully upbeat with some really nice flute work. A bit of a struggle, holding fast, and then right back to upbeat and enlightening. The only song I am not particularly fond of is "Watch Ya Back" but that is becasue I am not particularly fond of the rap genre. It is a bit of Lagniappe for those who are. I could go on and on about the rest of the CD but I think the reader will get the picture.

If you don't buy any other jazz album in this year buy this one. It has everthing you need.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse