- Hardcover: 352 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (March 31, 1989)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521352630
- ISBN-13: 978-0521352635
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.9 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #13,948,215 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Jean-Baptiste Lully and the Music of the French Baroque: Essays in Honor of James R. Anthony
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
This volume of essays on Jean-Baptiste Lully and his musical legacy honours the distinguished French baroque scholar James R. Anthony. Jean-Baptiste Lully, court composer to Louis XIV, served as the principal architect of what would become known as the French style of music in the baroque era.