Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 348 reviews
on December 1, 2014
Out of ten stars, I'd probably give this a seven. I'm aware of all the things that aren't brilliant-- the dialogue is rarely as funny as it's trying to be, the horror and comedy tones don't quite mesh, and the pacing is a little odd-- but throughout the movie I wanted to see what happened next, and a lot of "campy" teen films cannot do that for me.

I think the horror in this film is a lot stronger than the comedy. The demon!Jennifer scenes have good visuals, and Megan Fox acts the creepy thing well. The acting is convincing in general, with Amanda Seyfried probably standing out.

As a girl, I found every guy in the movie to be fairly adorable, so that's a nice thing. Well, the evil band members aren't really that cute, but the lead singer's ironic/deadpan delivery provides most of the actually funny moments of the film.

I enjoyed Jennifer's Body as much as the average horror/comedy thing, and far more than most straight up formula horror films. The story is better if you think of Jennifer's succubi tendencies as a punishment by proxy for the males who murdered her, but whether that's the intent or not the plot is solid and easy to follow. I like Roger Ebert's quote: as a movie about a flesh-eating cheerleader, it's better than it has to be. Megan Fox as a semi-lesbian cheerleader who eats people has SOME appeal no matter what, but Jennifer's Body delivers enough substance that you don't feel vaguely guilty about watching it for that premise.
on December 21, 2015
I do not watch scary movies at all so when my roomie rented this I was hesitant. I ended up watching it and loved it. It wasn't too scary, had a good plot and was enjoyable. Since I have watched it several times and when I saw it on amazon for such a good price I knew I just had to buy it for my collection
on May 1, 2013
This thing is creepy Jennifer is the gorgeous popukar girl in school, when she finds out her favorite band is coming to play in her town she wants more than anything to go and asks her friend to come with her. The 2 best friends go Jennifer meets the singer of the band who she's crushing on and plans are made to hook up later on that night. During the performance the bar catches on fire and burns to the ground killing some inside, outside Jennifers dream man comes to her asking her to go in his van with him, her nervous safety conscious friend tries to get Jennifer to leave with her but Jennifer gets in anyway The van drives away with Jennifer and the band of 4 guys they end up driving into the woods

Her worried friend is thinking their doing a 4 way with Jennifer but that's far from it it's so much more something horrific is done and she'll never be the same again. When Jennifer comes back she shows up at her friends house covered in blood in the middle of the night but she's changed and over the coming days slowly begins to show drastic scary as hell changes one being her new appetite. I dont want to be a buzz kill and ruin it by giving away too much of the plot before you see this movie bit it is way better than I thought. Watch the pretty blond girl Jennifer's friend in the end there is a plot twist with her you'll love and it's freaking awesome, when I saw it I was like OMG sweet this is epic
on March 13, 2017
This movie is far fetched and awful and I love it!!!
on October 5, 2015
I wasn't expecting to enjoy this movie as I did, as I'm generally not a huge fan of Megan Fox. I feel like some of the people who cast Megan Fox have some sort of creepy fascination with her, and it tends to negatively impact the movie in certain ways. And yes, this movie has that issue to some extent, as well. I was able to get past that and enjoy the movie, though, as the movie's dark sense of humor, especially with respect to the "bad guys" and their motivations, is very entertaining and unique. I wouldn't watch the movie again on my own, as I doubt that I'd find it as entertaining the second or third time around, but I'd probably watch it with someone else who'd never seen it merely to have it as a discussion piece.
on December 22, 2015
Amanda Seyfried is adorable then tough as nails and absolutely rocks in this horror/satire/black comedy teen flick. Seyfried steals the show. Fun film that transitions from horror to comedy seamlessly and has high production values. Some surprising cameo's and quirky teen humor make this a lot of fun.
on December 6, 2013
Amanda Seyfried is the typical nerdy goody-goody girl, and Megan Fox plays a teenager who has been sacrificed to Satan by a rock 'n' roll Band in order to increase their popularity and fandom. Seems a little far-fetched? It gets crazier. Because the sacrifice is not made with a virgin (because the band took Jennifer's word that she was a virgin when she was not) some weird, flesh-eating demon enters her body and makes her a cannibalistic monster, eating anyone who dares fall for her beautiful, seductive mannerisms. Eats a few kids, and then when she devours her 'best friend's bf, suddenly everything takes a turn for the interesting paranormal affects.

By no means am I disappointed in this movie. The effects were interesting, the lines were corny but funny. And Amanda and Megan kiss. Being a girl, I wasn't all 'woohoo' about it but I found it really...enticing. I like this movie because it gives a different look of what's high school evil and what's pure, demonic evil. Maybe this director will turn this spin on Mean Girls. Huh...(forming ideas...)
on February 21, 2014
I'll be honest, she is the only reason I bought this. Wasn't really shopping for it but I kept seeing it in the blu ray bin at Walmart and bought it through Amazon to complete a $35+ order. I haven't received my blu ray copy yet, but I did watch it through Amazon video sreaming since they offered it free (I hope) with the purchase.
As for the film itself, I personally wish I had spent the money on a different movie. But I'm sure that younger people in their mid to late teens and into their 20's might enjoy it more than I, so I won't completely bash it. There's been worse "scarey" movies made. Megan's character was a little more foul mouthed than she needed to be. For that reason I wouldn't recommend kids much under 14 or so. I would like to see Megan Fox playing a quality character closer to her actual age for a change. Seems like a waste to keep portraying her as a teen. Maybe there's one out there that I'm not aware of.
on February 6, 2013
Jenifer's Body is a return to the 'horror' film. The name 'Horror' in Hollywood had become a 'dirty' word. No film company wanted to say they were making a horror film. It was either a thriller or an adventure film etc, etc, etc. Finally, the producers of JENNIFER'S BODY came right out and said "We're making a pure Horror film".

JENNIFERS BODY stars the ever lovely Megan Fox as Jennifer. She attends a concert with her female friend and at the end of the concert goes with the band alone. What she doesn't know is they are planning on sacrificing her so they can get a demon to do their every wish. (When has that ever worked). The surprise payoff comes at the end of the film. However, she needs a human 'snack' every once in awhile and many of her schoolmates become her prey. Except her best friend who feels guilty for abandoning her with the band.

Things go downhill rapidly, of course, (always seems that way when a demon is involved). To tell you anymore would ruin a great little 'horror' film for you. And the ending is still a surprise, a nice little touch you don't get very ofen. The price is right and it's a good movie. You won't go wrong with this one. I promise. Enjoy!
on March 4, 2017
I loved this movie from the start. It's dark, creepy, and will maintain your interest all the way through! I recommend it!