Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on December 2, 2004
I was never a big fan of short story collections until I picked up Jenny and the Jaws of Life. It's quickly become one of my favorite books of all time (right up there with A Widow for One Year and Mother Night). The stories in it are dark, bizarre and funny. I liked it so much I bought two copies.

After I lent out the first and it was never returned I was more careful. But now the second one's lost as well. I wanted to read the stories again, so I recently bought three copies; two for lending, one for keeping (just to be on the safe side).
on June 30, 2015
Worst book I ever attempted to read.
on December 22, 2013
Absolutely love this book. Reading Jincy is like no other author or story you have ever read. I can read this book over and over.
on August 30, 2013
The stories were not funny, just excruciating. If I heard them read by Sadaris they might be more satisfying. Not worth the money.
on November 28, 2012
I love this book- given it for x-mas and man-its so funny. great read- cannot put it down! Well worth the money:)
on April 19, 2011
The book came fast and was still wrapped in plastic and in perfect condition. I lost my copy years ago and its one of my favorites. I was very pleased.
on January 21, 2014
I bought this book because I have read, and loved, two of Jincy Willett's other books. This book was a huge disappointment. David Sedaris, a very funny man, said on the cover, "It's just the funniest collection of stories I've ever read - really funny and perfectly sad at the same time." Well, I get the perfectly sad - just not the really funny. Not a chuckle from me throughout. Just really sad stories.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse