Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Showing 1-10 of 2,729 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,969 reviews
on November 19, 2014
This thing is awesome. It's like the old record players most of us probably had in our bedrooms to listen to records. About the only thing it doesn't have is the ability to put a stack of records on and let them automatically drop, and the arm doesn't automatically reject and go back to rest on the home position. You can switch it to either keep going in the end-groove, or for it to stop once it gets there.
Sound: It's got two built in speakers that sound better than my old record player did in the 60's, OR you can use the line-out jacks on the back to hook up to external power amp and upgrade speakers like we did in the 70's. It's also got an Aux In jack so can plug in an iPod or phone, to utilize the speakers. And of course the main reason I bought this, is it's got the USB connection to be able to rip my old records to MP3. This thing is a LOT better than what I was anticipating for the money. If you're looking for the same quality sound and experience most of us listened to records on in the first place, this is it. If you're looking for a super high end turntable like the purists (people who wear gloves to handle records) this is not it.
784 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on May 9, 2017
 I'm not a vinyl expert and I wanted something to play a few vinyls I had collected from thrift stores. I was disappointing to find the audio quality coming out of the built in speakers was very distorted and unbearable to listen to, especially during low frequencies associated with synth and bass drums. After a few minutes experimenting I was able to find the problem: this turntable tracks way too heavy. I was able to solve the audio issues by lifting the stylus slightly to take some of the weight off but there is no permanent solution to this as you can't adjust the tracking force on this model. I will be returning my unit and I hope those reading this will look at a different record player.
49 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 16, 2016
In life, you get what you pay for. This unit fits that statement to a tee. It works with no frills attached whatsoever. I did not realize how small this was until I unpacked it and that is a bonus for me.
29 people found this helpful
on May 5, 2017
It works well enough for the price. I'm unsure what inspired them to leave the speakers on no matter what external outputs are plugged in. I plugged in headphones, speakers, and USB, but the small built-in speakers continue playing even if the volume is turned all the way down. I was surprised only a few reviews mentioned this issue.

For the price, it works well enough. If I got some serious, real speakers to use, I could probably take it apart and disconnect the internal speakers.
14 people found this helpful
on April 2, 2017
 Jensen JTA-230G 3 Speed Stereo Turntable with Built in Stereo Speaker System Supports Vinyl to MP3 Recording, USB MP3 Playback, and RCA Output, Speed Adjustment (Limited Edition Gold)

I purchased this for my teen daughters who love old music and anything vintage or retro. They started purchasing vinyl albums and needed this. it has the sound quality one would expect from an old-fashioned record player - clear but not loud - which gives offers the true experience of what it was like to listen to albums back in the day.
109 people found this helpful
on November 23, 2016
I live in a studio apartment in NY and this is most excellent. I mean I paid 40 bucks for this thing, it works great. The volume is pretty loud, then again I have great hearing. If and when it dies I'll get a more expensive record player.
review image
19 people found this helpful
on April 11, 2017
Purchased this record player for my introduction into vinyl. It was a brief introduction. I was very disappointed with the quality and sound of this player. The unit is very light and made from thin plastic. Out of the box I got about two hours of playtime before issues began to arise. The sound began to distort and eventually became unbearable to listen to (note:using brand new records). Returned and purchased a higher quality record player.
6 people found this helpful
on August 13, 2016
This turntable is a great product for the price. You would never mistake it for a turntable from the 70's but it plays well and when hooked up properly easily records vinyl to your computer.
16 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2017
this record player has changed my mind entirely.The unit was packaged well, and all of the moving parts were secured with tape. The needle (already installed but covered with a plastic guard) and a 45 adapter were included. Mom's records sound great and we had fun dancing around the house on Mother's day! The auto-stop feature works well with her records from the 70's/80's. I played with the tone dial, which subtly changes the sound but all of the albums sounded better when it was turned to max. The max volume is pretty loud, but if I wanted a fuller sound I could connect my speakers. I don't think that's 100% necessary, however. Anyway, there's also an additional pitch adjustment (slider) but I haven't had to use it yet.

All in all, this is a great buy if you're on the fence. Can't beat the price for a starter unit!

Update 1: Make sure you put the player on a level surface that isn't wobbly. This majorly affects the playback, especially with heavier records. I had issues with slow playback and it turns out that my stand was not level (checked with a bubble level). Essentially the player was "pushing" a heavy record "up hill" so the motor ran slower. Again, minor annoyance for the price.

Update 2: This unit plays old vinyl very well. The new, heavier vinyl...not so much. The extra weight burdens the motor and the rotation speed isn't consistent. This produces wonky sounds immediately or after a spin or two. Invest in a more expensive player if you're spinning new vinyl.
2 people found this helpful
on August 7, 2013
There are lot of these small, cheap record players on the market but the Jensen JTA-230 is the only one with a pitch adjustment and tone control. It is quite a bit smaller than it looks in the photo -- an LP sticks out of the sides when playing because the disc is bigger than the player itself! The built-in speakers sound OK considering how tiny they are, but it doesn't get very loud, even when turned all the way up. It's loud enough for personal listening, but not for a party or dance lessons.

A 3 mil stylus for playing 78 RPM records is not included, but can be purchased separately (look for part number 793-D3). But the stylus is rather difficult to remove from the cartridge, so if you play them often, you might as well dedicate it to only playing 78s, and get a better turntable for your LPs and 45s, rather than swapping back and forth beween the regular and 3 mil styli.

The USB output, RCA line level output, and headphone jack all work fine, but sounds tinny and lacking in bass, so playing it through larger speakers really doesn't improve the sound quality that much compared to the small built-in speakers. Even if you try to boost the bass using an equalizer, it still won't sound hi-fi. So the JTA-230 is best used as a tiny, inexpensive, self-contained record player. It's a good beginner turntable for kids or for "crate digging" but won't be good enough to be your primary turntable for serious listening.
939 people found this helpful