Jensen MOD6-15 6" 15 Watt Guitar Speaker, 4 ohm
|Price:||$23.20 + $5.95 shipping|
- This 6" Speaker Packs 15 Watts Of Power
- It Is A Good Upgrade For Small Practice Amps
- Modern Tone
- Ceramic Magnet, 15W Rated Power, 4 Ohms
- Made In Italy
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The MOD speakers are produced with the finest materials available, and are recommended for all types of music at all volume levels. They allow the player to hear the amplifier most efficiently while giving the musician flexibility in sound and power.
The MOD Series is the most versatile of all the Jensen® speaker lines. MODs are available in many sizes (5", 6", 8", 10", 12", and 15" diameters) with a wide variety of wattages and impedances.
Top Customer Reviews
I am not going to suggest this speaker makes this amp sound like an original '50's Fender Champ, but it surely does get it a lot closer than it was stock.
All in all, best $25 I've spent in a while. Nice job, Jensen!!!
This speaker appears to be much more efficient than the stock speaker, so the inherent 60 Hz hum in the amp is much more apparent. I think it was muffled in the stock speaker. New tubes helped, but the hum is still there. That being said, the improvement from the Jensen Mod speaker is still worth it.
Great, inexpensive upgrade for your 6" amp.
Now,what you need to know about installing this speaker in the G5222.(prob. same for Champ 600)
The Jensen MOD6 speaker frame is taller than the original Gretsch Special speaker, so it will contact the small preamp transformer, so the xformer has to be rotated 90 degrees from original.(check your fit first because yours may be different, and moving xformer may not be needed)
To move xformer do this: (the following steps assume you have removed the amp chassis from the speaker cabinet)
1. Make a note of the connection points on the board for the Red, Yellow, Blue and Black small xformer wires, then lift those connectors from circuit board so xformer can be rotated.
2. Remove both xformer hold down screws. (the nuts are permanent, 1.5mm threaded inserts in the metal backplane)
3. The Yellow and Black wires are too short to allow you to simply swing the xformer around using the original mount hole that is closest to the small tube socket, you have to rotate the whole xformer so that the Yellow and Black wires are closest to the small tube socket, and they route around the xformer at the speaker side of the new location.
4. The original mount hole can be used for the speaker side of xformer, but a new hole needs to be drilled for the other, so that the xformer is now mounted aligned front to back instead of side to side.
5. Route xformer connections back to board, and land on terminals.
6. Re-assemble entire amp.
7. Then... play on.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great sounding upgrade to factory original Fender Champion 600. Crisper, cleaner, and deeper lows. This speaker and a tube upgrade will make your Champion 600 a constant companion. Read morePublished 11 days ago by M. Pettinos
I purchased this speaker to replace the speaker in a Fender frontman 10G and it has worked very well. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Michael Garcia
It sounds phenomenal after broken in. Highly recommended. Don't expect too much bass.Published 4 months ago by Knootya
Sounds finds. Bought to replace fender replacement from reviews I read. For my ear should have purchased a Fender replacement.Published 11 months ago by Stanley Simonian
This speaker makes a huge difference for the Fender Champ 600. There's a fellow who did a frequency response with this Jensen and the stock speaker and they both gave similar... Read morePublished 14 months ago by AJ
I love this speaker. It really is quite a bit clearer than the one that comes in the stock Fender Champion 600. Read morePublished 16 months ago by S. M. Baugh