Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jessica Simpson Women's Beatricy Riding Boot
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on October 10, 2011
I was very excited when I opened the box for these boots the other day. The color and style - just beautiful. They seemed quite comfortable as well. However, something about them did not quite look like real leather (as the description says they are). When I looked at the bottom of the boot, the sticker says, "Man Made Upper, Fabric Lining, Man Made Sole, Made in China". I checked a few other websites with these boots that also indicated that they are made of leather. Maybe they are, but there is NOTHING on the boot or the packaging that states this and I cannot verify if they are real leather. I am not willing to spend $139 on non-leather boots. If you don't mind the price for non-leather boots - I say get them, they really are cute. I'm returning mine though - they really should make sure that they label everything appropriately.
on October 28, 2011
Sizes run true, sort of. I wear an 8.5, average width and the boots are comfortable for walking. I've worn boots all my life, and these are some of the strangest-cut I've come across. The problems were apparent when I put them on but I thought that with the right outfits and a little break-in time, things would improve. Boy, was I wrong.

The toe box is elongated just enough beyond the wearable area of the boot so that, along with the oddly curved-out heel box, they make your feet appear clownishly long when you are wearing the correct size. The asymmetrical shaft tends to flare out instead of up; this will be much more of a problem if you have average to slender legs. Finally, while there is some shape to the shaft, the ankle is absolutely vast. To be clear, my legs are not unusually thin, and even with jeans and socks, the shaft is still baggy and unflattering.

Overall the fit suggests that the manufacturer was trying to ward off the inevitable complaints of women who have larger legs and consequent bad experiences with tall boots. If so, the correct solution would have been to offer both an average shaft and a wide shaft, rather than seemingly trying to split the difference. These odd dimensions are likely to make anyone's body look peculiar unless you actually HAVE odd dimensions.

While the style looks great in a photo, and the construction and leather are good quality, the fit issues are a huge disappointment. These are not the most expensive boot, but at this price I at least expect to not look like a little girl in her daddy's boots. In the future I'll just spring for the extra cost and get Frye boots or a designer label, even when it comes to a trend like the riding boot.
on March 14, 2012
What a disappointing purchase ! The boot says leather in the description. However , it says man made on the boot. It looks nothing like leather. It looks cheap!!! If you have tree stumps for calves they will fit perfect. Otherwise, I could put both calves in one boot. Shoe part runs small. I would never purchase another pair of her boots.
on December 11, 2013
GREAT Fit! the look is VERY nice on I had them on for hours and my feet were fine. Its overall a nice fit I needed something quick and I always get plenty of complements on them the price was right.I love the color/style you can walk in them for hours run skip hop jump...it’s just a nice boot...it’s VERY comfy and its true to size! I'm an 8 and I fit the 8 fine!
on October 30, 2011
I love these. I wear a size 5.5 but bought a size 6 as I always do for boots. I have thick calves so usually boots dont close on on me but these fit me great, they come on an off easily and are comfy. I love these because they have the rough girl look but you can make a very cute outfit. The material is great, Ive had mine for a very long time and they still look great and of course the longer you have them the more you'll love them because they will only fit better with time. I highly recommend.
on January 12, 2013
Thank you to the reviewers who pointed out that these boots are not real leather although they are advertised as being leather. Booooo! and thank you to the previous viewers. I almost bought myself a pair today.
on August 8, 2012
I bought these for my 14 year old. They are perfect for her. The only thing I didn't like is that the description said they were leather, but they are not.
on May 10, 2013
These lasted barely over a month; the whole bottom of one of the boots has come off the rest of the shoe; I'm guessing they used really horrible glue and no stitching whatsoever.
If you are inclined to scuffing your boots, KEEP AWAY. I scuffed them after one day and the black faux-leather competely came off, revealing a very pale gray color that I had to cover up with a black marker. This happened multiple times.

If you are going to use these frequently, try something of higher quality.
on February 11, 2012
Being that I got such a good deal on these boots, I'm satisfied. I tried these boots on at Macy's first to make sure they fit. I usually wear an 8 1/2, but wore an 8 in these. These boots are little big around the calf for a smaller person, but I'm coping with it. My biggest problem with these boots are they are not leather & they are represented as leather & priced as such. They are comfortable enough, however on the plane my right boot was hurting my foot on the first leg of trip, but seemed to stretch enough for the rest of trip to home on Christmas.
on August 3, 2013
I bought these in black and pay $90, which I thought would be good for a tall leather boots, I don't have any complains about the material, if it's actual leather or not, still looks really good and good quality, nothing cheap at all. The boots are very cute and look really fancy, besides they are really comfortable. I've got a lot of compliments on them.