|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$69.93 - $99.99 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Hidden front zip closure
- Long sleeves with snap cuffs; Removable hood with faux fur trim
- Approx. length from center back: 35"
- Shell: 100% polyester; Lining: 100% nylon; Filling: 80% down, 20% feathers
- U.S. Brand, U.S. Design, Imported
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Contoured seams create a fitted silhouette in a warm quilted down coat topped with a removable hood trimmed in a faux fur.
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B009AM9Y5G
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 14, 2012
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
1) The upper arm is too snug. The designers need to revamp their XL pattern as the body fits my size 18 build fine, but they have to remember if you have a size 18 body you will also have size 18 upper arms and they obviously did not make this adjustment as it snugly "just" fits my upper arms with a a lightweight shirt on. I cannot wear the coat with anything heavier such as a sweatshirt or sweater.
2) Which brings me to my 2nd reason for rating it at 4 stars. I live in northern IN and work at a large private university in which my walk from the parking lot to my office is a little over 1/3 mile and it gets VERY cold walking in the winter. I bought the coat because I wanted something longer to keep my thighs warm and also something with down so that I didn't have to wear layers to keep warm walking into work. The length is great and does keep my thighs warm, but I've found that the coat does not keep me warm if the temp is under 20 degrees or if it's under 30 degrees with any type of wind (which is is the majority of the time in the winter in northern IN). This is disappointing because I cannot add layers under it due to the sleeve size and so I have not been able to wear my coat since mid December, which defeats the purpose of why I bought it.
With all that said, I still love the coat and I am working on going down in size, so I figure when I drop to a size 16 or less I should be able to layer under the coat and this will solve both problems, but I just wanted to let those out there looking at know the sizing and warmth issues.
Overall the coat fits well. It has a nice silhouette to it, so I do not look like a fat blob.
It is long enough, although it is shorter on me (by about 2-3 inches) than on the model pictured. However, it covers the butt and some more so I am happy with the length.
The sleeves are long enough, but are slightly tight at the opening, which might not be a big deal. So far I only wore it with one light sweater and it did not bother me at all. However I am not sure if I'll be able to comfortably tuck in the gloves.
(a disclaimer moment: I prefer my clothing slightly loose)
I am yet to test the coat with a thicker closing underneath, it is not uncommon for me to wear 2-3 shirts/sweaters in the winter times since I love being warm and also strolling outside on a crisp snowy day.
I think the coat will feel tight if I get a thick sweater to wear underneath it.
If you are a person of my size and want a looser fit I think medium might be a better choice.
However the fact that in this coat I don't look huge is a big plus in favor of size small.
The coat appears to be relatively warm. So far it only got to ~40F and I was comfortably strolling around in it + a light sweater over a t-shirt.
I'll update this review once I test it out in below freezing weather.
I have to say I absolutely love the hood---it is huge, comfy and warm and stays in place even when somewhat windy.
The color of the coat is nice, I'd describe it as muted deep blue. The outside fabric feels nice.
The lining is smooth, I'd prefer for it to be some sort of fuzzy material though.
The only problem I had so far is with the zipper, it works fine but you have to be very careful when zipping it up since it will jam easily.
Overall I am quite happy with this coat.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is so soft and warm. It's lightweight, too, and doesn't make that awful SWOOSH SWOOSH sound when you move. Perfect. Exactly as pictured.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I wore it on snow days and still feel warm in the winter of Boston.Published 3 months ago by Faylover
Nice warm coat and a great price! I find it a little difficult to navigate the zipper though.Published 3 months ago by Christine
This has been a great coat this winter and has kept me nice and warm, while also being very cute and figure flattering - love the longer length! Read morePublished 3 months ago by Sarah W.
Great jacket I just ordered a size too small! I'm 5'9 130 pounds and usually small works but I needed medium for this to fit over clothes!Published 4 months ago by Jenny Armstrong
My coat came in two days and I was so happy! Fits as expected and keeps me warm and cozy!Published 4 months ago by metsgirl61