Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 13,760 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14,986 reviews
on January 9, 2015
I cannot say enough good about this book. It feeds my soul everyday. It gives the background of the author, which I loved. The scripture at the bottom of the page is already written out for you, you don't have to go searching unless you want to read it in a different version, which is good too. Or if you just WANT to look up the scripture. In the back is an index that shows you different subjects if you would like to study that way. For instance if you are feeling worried that day or fearful it shows which page and what scripture to look up. And best of all, it's like Jesus is right there in the room with you talking to you PERSONALLY.
22 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2015
Love the book. I gave my last one away and ordered this one but it doesn't have the scripture references typed out like my last one. I am returning it to order one with the full scriptures.
55 comments| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2015
This is much nicer than the original version and has the scriptures quoted instead of just the references. It also has more scriptures than the original. It is sturdy and has the look and feel of quality.
33 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2015
I thought I was buying the same version I already own. This edition just references bible verses not the full printed verse. I bought these as gifts. Considering returning.
33 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 19, 2016
Recently, I started attending a mom's group at a local church and one day they were giving away some different Christian books. "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young was one of the books they were giving away and unfortunately, I wasn't a lucky winner of it but I decided to purchase it anyway because my friends told me good things about it and I was very interested in it. I ended up purchasing DaySpring Sarah Young's Jesus Calling, DayBrightener Perpetual Flip Calendar, 366 Days of Scripture (75621) by accident but am giving it to my mom so I bought this hardcover version for myself.

Sarah Young and her husband are missionaries who spent years in Japan and Australia sharing the love of Jesus with others. During her time spent teaching others about Christ, she kept a journal and wrote down thoughts and words she felt coming from Jesus as well as Bible verses that spoke to her. It was through this writing that "Jesus Calling" came about and she was able to turn it into a devotional for everyone to use.

The devotions included in this book are written from the perspective of Jesus speaking to the reader. There is one page for each day of the year, including February 29th. Each page contains a couple of paragraphs with devotions for that day and some Bible verses pertaining to that day's devotion which you can look up in your Bible. She has also included some Scripture references within the devotions that are indicated in italics. This book measures 4 1/4 inches by 6 1/4 inches by 1 inch and is a nice hardcover. It contains 384 glossy pages, including some introductory pages which I recommend reading. There is also an attached ribbon bookmark so you can easily mark your spot. Unless indicated, the Scripture references are taken from the New International Version of the Holy Bible.

I love Jesus Calling and am so glad I was introduced to it! Most of the time I find myself reaching for it when I'm having a rough day and it helps me to relax and feel peaceful. I strive to read it everyday, whether I'm having a good or bad day, because the words in this book make me feel more positive no matter what. Since each page only takes about a minute to read, this book would be great to read in the morning while enjoying a cup of coffee and a few minutes of solitude, since many of us lead busy lives. I have friends who love these books as well and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase these as gifts for anyone who I think would enjoy them. If you, or someone you know, are looking for a daily devotional, I highly recommend this one. I also purchased Jesus Always: Embracing Joy in His Presence and Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence because I love these devotionals. I love the devotions in it and feel it is well-worth the money to spend on it!
review image
on November 5, 2015
I gave my copy away to my daughter, and thought I was replacing it with the same one that included the Scripture verses not the references only. I will return these and buy what I want at a retail store.
22 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2016
When you think there's no way out & feel lonely, sad, depressed, at the end of your rope, and even happy, just take 15 to 30 minutes & lay back n read the phrase of the day. YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. Don't be ashamed to be in a public place & sitting down & read it. JJBoricua
on April 9, 2017
This is an exceptional daily devotional. While I am a Christian and a woman of Faith, I am not great at recalling the vast amount of lessons in the Bible. The beauty about this wonderful little book is that it refers to a passage, one per day, and it deciphers the message of the scripture and how you could implement that message on that particular day.

It is incredibly uplifting and such an easy and efficient way to put something right in your head and heart on the daily and that keeps your awareness alive...

It is also suitable for people who are not necessarily religious or that follow other faiths outside of the belief in Jesus. The daily readings and principles apply to anyone who believes in a higher power and seek spiritual guidance.
on December 7, 2016
I know that everyone loves this book. I see it quoted on social media and sitting in the homes of many friends. I actually purchased this book back in 2010. I tried to read it and love it as much as I was "supposed" to but it seemed very odd to me so I got rid of it. I'm so thankful that I did now. This is unfortunately, the kind of mystical new age Christianity that is proliferating even in conservative, evangelical, and reformed circles. Avoid this book and read respected opinions of it (such as Tim Challies) to fully understand the new age mysticism peddled by this author. If you own this book read Jesus' words in the Bible and contrast them to the words in Jesus Calling. The author's claim that these words are a direct revelation from God are so concerning.
on October 1, 2013
After reading all of the reviews, I agree with the 5 star ones as well as the 1 star ones. First off all, I give it 5 stars because it actually has "Jesus" on the cover. Many Christian type books disguise themselves with only words like "Heaven" to attract buyers. The 1 star arguments are just as important as the 5 star ones, because the reader must not use this book as a Bible. If you are spending more time reading this, than the Word of God, then that is where the danger lies. I appreciate Sarah Young's honesty and openness to share this part of her life as encouragement for others. Her introduction clarifies everything. My girlfriend gave me this book when my husband successfully fought cancer. Sometimes I only had the strength to open and read a devotional from this book and recommended Bible verses. I always read Bible verses in chunks though. Growing up a Catholic, I wish I had this book earlier in life. It guides and encourages a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.