BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on January 9, 2015
I cannot say enough good about this book. It feeds my soul everyday. It gives the background of the author, which I loved. The scripture at the bottom of the page is already written out for you, you don't have to go searching unless you want to read it in a different version, which is good too. Or if you just WANT to look up the scripture. In the back is an index that shows you different subjects if you would like to study that way. For instance if you are feeling worried that day or fearful it shows which page and what scripture to look up. And best of all, it's like Jesus is right there in the room with you talking to you PERSONALLY.
33 comments| 308 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2015
Love the book. I gave my last one away and ordered this one but it doesn't have the scripture references typed out like my last one. I am returning it to order one with the full scriptures.
66 comments| 213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2015
This is much nicer than the original version and has the scriptures quoted instead of just the references. It also has more scriptures than the original. It is sturdy and has the look and feel of quality.
33 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2014
My granddaughter was happy to receive this Teen version. She had the Kids version and was ready to move up to the next level. It did my heart good to watch her reading it and looking up the scriptures listed for that day.
on April 26, 2016
Love the content of this expanded devotional. It has Sarah Young's original text with the full scripture reference below on each page. I love having the applicable scripture reference below to read after I've read Sarah's words for that day. The only thing I wish was that the cover for this beautiful publication matched its glory. It comes with a unnecessarily hard, brown, leather cover with extremely large and cheesy gold lettering. All of Sarah Young's other devotionals (even the embossed imitation leather versions that come in various colors, brown, teal, pink, etc.) are so nice to hold and have impressive covers that look so beautiful. I just wish the cover of this expanded, 10th anniversary edition was more flattering. The publishers really fell short this time in trying to capture and preserve a "special edition" of a timeless, contemporary book that a Christian woman would be proud to hold and carry. Aside from the "ugly" and visually cheap attempt at a hard cover, the content of the book itself is tops!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2017
If you want peace within, get this book. It is almost like Jesus is sitting/standing/walking with you and telling you all will be well if you trust in him. No matter what kind of day you have, he's always there and the writings in this book just gives you such peace of mind and soul that I can't put into words what I feel. This is a definite buy.
on December 16, 2016
I have several daily devotionals in my library, this is the only one I did every day. To say it helped me understand my relationship with Jesus better is an understatement, it also helped me be a better person.
on August 30, 2017
This book was recommended by a friend as a source of comfort and encouragement while I was undergoing cancer treatment and now that I am post treatment and in the recovery stage, I read this little book's daily devotional along with the Bible verses referenced. It has led me to read more of the Bible than just those passages referenced.
on October 20, 2015
Excellent material. However, common questions can arise, like:

1. Are these attempted additions to the Bible? Actually, they sample fulfillments of Jesus saying He would lead us. If the Bible were a DVD, then the Spirit shines the laser accenting a precise part -- without adding chapters -- simply unpacking the disc.

2. Does the author claim to be Jesus? Prophets (Biblical or modern) never say they are the actual Jesus; but they act as stained glass that the Christ light can arrives through.

3. Why don’t the messages cover all the teachings in the Gospel? This peculiar misunderstanding assumes God must completely replicate doctrine, rather than just being with and loving the person, like Father to child.

4. If Christ customizes his speaking, then does each person color the messages? Any light from Christ will arrive through us like a uniquely, artistically, tinted window for God’s glory. Some windows are brighter, some are darker; so some prophets emphasize the cross and others the resurrection. We need both.

5. Do all these words apply to me? No, they were given to a particular person, with a particular personality type, in a particular season. Some parts will apply and others won’t. Read (as with anything) listening for what the Spirit encourages for us at the time.

6. Do these words have authority over me because they are in first-person? No. Each person has a unique, unrepeatable private encrypted line with God. And we can all unpack our ability to hear more.

For an in-depth treatment of this encouraging topic, including many more outstanding messages, see:

Surrendering to Abundance
by Dave Nevins

There is a magnificent storehouse of wealth to enjoy!

---------
on May 4, 2017
I love this book, and have given copies as gifts on many different occasions. I don't know anyone who doesn't like this book. It's simple, inspiring, yet not overpowering.