Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 270 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 301 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 19, 2016
This fall I started attending a mom's group at a local church and one day, they were giving away "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. I didn't get one that day but I wanted it anyway and ordered it. I actually ended up buying this calendar version instead of the book by accident but decided to keep it since I already had it.

Sarah Young and her husband are missionaries who have spent time overseas teaching others about Jesus and his love for us all. During this time, she started to journal her thoughts and words that she heard Jesus speak to her as well as Scripture verses that spoke to her. She ended up turning those writings into "Jesus Calling," a daily devotion that we can all read to feel peaceful when we need it most.

This daily calendar contains a couple paragraphs for each day that take about a minute to read as well as some Scripture verses at the bottom so you can read them in your Bible. Unless otherwise indicated, the verses are taken from the New International Version of the Holy Bible. This flip calendar measures about 5 1/4 inches by 4 1/4 inches by 1 1/4 inches. January 1st through June 30th are on one side of the pages (including February 29th) and July 1st through December 31st are on the backs of those pages. They are spiral-bound at the top and this calendar has an easel so it can stand on its own. The pages are made with paper much like a paperback book.

I love the devotions because no matter if I'm having a good or bad day, they are exactly what I need to hear and they help me achieve a sense of calm and peace. At first, I liked this flip calendar but I personally prefer the hardcover version so I ended up purchasing Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence as well. I compared the two versions and the print in the hardcover one is ever so slightly larger and contains an introduction that I really enjoyed reading. I'm planning to give this flip calendar version to my mom so at least it will get used but this would still be great for anyone who wants one on their desk at work, nightstand, or any location where they spend enough time to read these devotions.

Overall, I love these devotions but prefer the hardcover version more. I still feel this calendar would be a great gift for anyone who likes the flip calendar versions and is interested in a daily devotional. I loved "Jesus Calling" so much that I also purchased Jesus Always: Embracing Joy in His Presence and Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence and recommend those as well!
review image review image review image review image
on March 28, 2013
I was so excited to discover that the calendar is exactly the same content as the book that this is the 2nd copy I've bought to give as a gift! :)
on April 9, 2013
It is on my computer table and I look at it several times as day. The messages are positive, remind me who I am and give me an encouraging word. Every problem that comes up does not throw me into a tail spin as HIS word in with me.
on April 12, 2013
I chose this calendar because I read the book Jesus Calling every morning. I placed the calendar on my desk to remind me of the day's scripture. I would recommend the calendar to anyone who wants to get closer to God and begin their day with hope, trust, peace, and comfort.
on March 9, 2017
Wife loves this. She uses it every day and often sends pictures of them to me when they are really good.
on March 7, 2017
Absolutely love this devotional!
on May 3, 2014
They really like this. Have said many times how much she was uplifted by the daily devotions. Is easy to read. Applies to us today.
on April 17, 2017