Truck Season Automotive HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now TG18PP_gno

This fall I started attending a mom's group at a local church and one day, they were giving away "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. I didn't get one that day but I wanted it anyway and ordered it. I actually ended up buying this calendar version instead of the book by accident but decided to keep it since I already had it.

Sarah Young and her husband are missionaries who have spent time overseas teaching others about Jesus and his love for us all. During this time, she started to journal her thoughts and words that she heard Jesus speak to her as well as Scripture verses that spoke to her. She ended up turning those writings into "Jesus Calling," a daily devotion that we can all read to feel peaceful when we need it most.

This daily calendar contains a couple paragraphs for each day that take about a minute to read as well as some Scripture verses at the bottom so you can read them in your Bible. Unless otherwise indicated, the verses are taken from the New International Version of the Holy Bible. This flip calendar measures about 5 1/4 inches by 4 1/4 inches by 1 1/4 inches. January 1st through June 30th are on one side of the pages (including February 29th) and July 1st through December 31st are on the backs of those pages. They are spiral-bound at the top and this calendar has an easel so it can stand on its own. The pages are made with paper much like a paperback book.

I love the devotions because no matter if I'm having a good or bad day, they are exactly what I need to hear and they help me achieve a sense of calm and peace. At first, I liked this flip calendar but I personally prefer the hardcover version so I ended up purchasing Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence as well. I compared the two versions and the print in the hardcover one is ever so slightly larger and contains an introduction that I really enjoyed reading. I'm planning to give this flip calendar version to my mom so at least it will get used but this would still be great for anyone who wants one on their desk at work, nightstand, or any location where they spend enough time to read these devotions.

Overall, I love these devotions but prefer the hardcover version more. I still feel this calendar would be a great gift for anyone who likes the flip calendar versions and is interested in a daily devotional. I loved "Jesus Calling" so much that I also purchased Jesus Always: Embracing Joy in His Presence and Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence and recommend those as well!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
5 people found this helpful
on April 9, 2013
It is on my computer table and I look at it several times as day. The messages are positive, remind me who I am and give me an encouraging word. Every problem that comes up does not throw me into a tail spin as HIS word in with me.
31 people found this helpful
on March 28, 2013
I was so excited to discover that the calendar is exactly the same content as the book that this is the 2nd copy I've bought to give as a gift! :)
44 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 18, 2018
If you love her book, the calendar is a delightful and practical daily reminder. Bought for my daughter to use. As a new mom or a bouncing baby boy, reading the page a day way is a delightful and meaningful bite, a reminder of our Lord’s infinite love for us.
on January 10, 2016
My book arrived WAY before than anticipated!!! I ordered it 12/23/15, it said it would arrive between Jan 22-Feb 4th; to my surprise it arrived on January 4th! Thank you so much!
I truly do love this devotional, I was given the book by a patient of mine a couple years back & I don't know why it took me so long to order it for my desk at work! I love the fact that it's right at my finger tips and I can be reminded of the Lord's grace with a simple glance up everyday :) ...
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! for you who is wanting to remain in spirit in a world for of negativity but especially for those of you who have a hard time giving even 5 minutes to God on the daily, there is no excuse. God bless!
on March 27, 2018
This has been a favorite of mine for years, I read it thru every year and it is fresh each day and right on spot. I gave these two as Christmas presents to friends I work with, mine is larger, 8 1/2" tall and 5 1/2" wide and stands up better than these do, it also has the scriptures listed at the bottom. I could not find any like the one I have but that would be a good suggestion. These smaller ones only gives the Scripture references, not the whole scriptures for each day.
on May 5, 2016
This no doubt is the best calendar ever. Really speaks to me and enhances my devotion time and alway's seems to be right on key with what I need at the time. Bought several as gifts and all have said the same thing, just the best they have ever had. This is a very spiritual and deep word for everyday with scriptures at the bottom to look up.
on April 12, 2013
I chose this calendar because I read the book Jesus Calling every morning. I placed the calendar on my desk to remind me of the day's scripture. I would recommend the calendar to anyone who wants to get closer to God and begin their day with hope, trust, peace, and comfort.
39 people found this helpful
on July 14, 2017
Love this inspiring devotional. I also bought one for my supervisor and she has mentioned how encouraging it is. Also great customer service too.

Bonnie
on January 14, 2018
My friend gave one to me back in college and I gave it away to someone who seemed to need it along the way. I like that it doesn't have specific YEAR on it so you can keep using it over and over again without purchasing one every year.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.