Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 281 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 312 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 19, 2016
This fall I started attending a mom's group at a local church and one day, they were giving away "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. I didn't get one that day but I wanted it anyway and ordered it. I actually ended up buying this calendar version instead of the book by accident but decided to keep it since I already had it.

Sarah Young and her husband are missionaries who have spent time overseas teaching others about Jesus and his love for us all. During this time, she started to journal her thoughts and words that she heard Jesus speak to her as well as Scripture verses that spoke to her. She ended up turning those writings into "Jesus Calling," a daily devotion that we can all read to feel peaceful when we need it most.

This daily calendar contains a couple paragraphs for each day that take about a minute to read as well as some Scripture verses at the bottom so you can read them in your Bible. Unless otherwise indicated, the verses are taken from the New International Version of the Holy Bible. This flip calendar measures about 5 1/4 inches by 4 1/4 inches by 1 1/4 inches. January 1st through June 30th are on one side of the pages (including February 29th) and July 1st through December 31st are on the backs of those pages. They are spiral-bound at the top and this calendar has an easel so it can stand on its own. The pages are made with paper much like a paperback book.

I love the devotions because no matter if I'm having a good or bad day, they are exactly what I need to hear and they help me achieve a sense of calm and peace. At first, I liked this flip calendar but I personally prefer the hardcover version so I ended up purchasing Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence as well. I compared the two versions and the print in the hardcover one is ever so slightly larger and contains an introduction that I really enjoyed reading. I'm planning to give this flip calendar version to my mom so at least it will get used but this would still be great for anyone who wants one on their desk at work, nightstand, or any location where they spend enough time to read these devotions.

Overall, I love these devotions but prefer the hardcover version more. I still feel this calendar would be a great gift for anyone who likes the flip calendar versions and is interested in a daily devotional. I loved "Jesus Calling" so much that I also purchased Jesus Always: Embracing Joy in His Presence and Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence and recommend those as well!
review image review image review image review image
on April 12, 2013
I chose this calendar because I read the book Jesus Calling every morning. I placed the calendar on my desk to remind me of the day's scripture. I would recommend the calendar to anyone who wants to get closer to God and begin their day with hope, trust, peace, and comfort.
on March 28, 2013
I was so excited to discover that the calendar is exactly the same content as the book that this is the 2nd copy I've bought to give as a gift! :)
on September 7, 2016
This is my favorite devotional of all times. Beautifully made and full of God's grace on any day of the year. I have already bought another to give as a gift. I think this is a real gem. Sarah Young really did get a word to encourage others from the Lord when she put this together.
on January 10, 2016
My book arrived WAY before than anticipated!!! I ordered it 12/23/15, it said it would arrive between Jan 22-Feb 4th; to my surprise it arrived on January 4th! Thank you so much!
I truly do love this devotional, I was given the book by a patient of mine a couple years back & I don't know why it took me so long to order it for my desk at work! I love the fact that it's right at my finger tips and I can be reminded of the Lord's grace with a simple glance up everyday :) ...
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! for you who is wanting to remain in spirit in a world for of negativity but especially for those of you who have a hard time giving even 5 minutes to God on the daily, there is no excuse. God bless!
on September 20, 2013
This calendar is set up like the book, and is so convenient for your desk as a constant reminder of how Jesus works in our lives.
on August 3, 2013
I have the book by Sarah Young and was delighted to find this daily calendar. I think I'll keep some on hand for a gift for various occasions or "just because".
on January 7, 2013
This devotional never disappoints. A great way to start anybody's day, even if you don't have a lot of time to spare in the morning.
on May 6, 2017
I buy these for my grandmother who gives them out to other family members, to members of her church, and just anyone. Each day is a new and inspiring saying. She loves theses!
on August 3, 2017
Each day has a wonderful devotional. My sister bought one for me and I liked it so much that I bought this one for my mom.