Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Jesus” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 60% off the $14.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Leann Rimes "I Need You" Music Video
- "Behind the Music" featurette
Top Customer Reviews
"Jesus," the miniseries, though unrealized in significant ways, attempts to address aspects of the Christ story that others have not and could not. First, the movie focuses on the relationship between Jesus and his earthly father Joseph, played lovingly by Armin Mueller-Stahl. Jesus' love for Joseph is palpably tender and reciprocal. Joseph is the old master; Jesus the eager apprentice, desperate to please and bereft when the old man dies. There is also a romantic sub-plot between Jesus and Martha, in this film depicted as his distant city cousin. Nothing comes of the relationship, but it makes you wonder the degree to which Jesus, fully human even by conservative theological principles, struggled with a desire to be a normal man of his time, learning a trade, getting married, and having a family.
Jesus, played adequately by Jeremy Sisto, is also shown as quite playful. He teases his disciples, splashing water in their faces and pulling their scarves. This is fun, though it doesn't seem to move the story anywhere. The scenes of Jesus teaching also attempt to break new ground. Rather than merely stringing together a long list of inscrutable sayings, gospel style, "Jesus" shows the Master interacting with the crowd, even getting a good-natured heckling.
"Jesus" fails to show why anyone would find this man threatening. Yet I was fascinated by the film's attempts to show Jesus as a person with an interesting personality of his own.Read more ›
The writers tried to emphasize more the human side of Jesus -- Jesus enjoyed life, laughed, danced, joked around with his disciples, and yet was the Son of God and Savior.
Some interesting (but not so biblically accurate) scenes:
1) Jesus resurrected sparrows during his childhood. This is taken from the Gospel of Thomas (a non-canonical book), and not from Scripture.
2) This is one of the few Jesus movies, where it is inferred that he was attracted to women and vice-versa. Mary of Bethany is portrayed as being attracted to Jesus but Jesus has to reject her marriage proposal because of his higher mission as the Messiah. Later, Jesus has a heart to heart talk with Mary Magdalene; there is noticeable chemistry between the two of them.
3) The Temptation scene: Satan appears as a seductive woman in a red dress and then morphs into a businessman in an Armani suit (played by Jeroen Krabbe). Satan tempts Jesus to let go of his divinity and to submit to raw power. Jesus seems to be unsure of himself and his divinity.
4) Jesus is depicted as dancing in the celebrations at Cana and at other parties. He splashes water on the disciples, skips rocks across the water, and plays tag with the disciples (!) Then he gets serious and performs miracles or launches into a brief sermonette (Jesus' teachings are very, very brief in this movie).
5) Jesus' dependency on Mary, his earthly mother. Mary needs to reassure Jesus when he is down and suffers from self-doubt.
6) Jeremy Sisto is an interesting choice to play Jesus.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The film Jesus with Jeremy Sisto went beyond most stories about the man Jesus it dealt with the human side of Jesus having a sense of humor liking to fun around with his friends... Read morePublished 20 days ago by Richard A Weddle
All were good, sometimes what is expressed isn't always what you expect. Over all No ComplaintsPublished 1 month ago by Lois Palmer
I had this movie on cassette and had to have it on a CD. I watch it every Easter. LOVE Jeremy Sisto; what a great voice he has!!!Published 2 months ago by B. JONES
I really think this is an accurate portrayal to the kind of man he was. I just wish I hadn't loaned it to my sister! She's in Africa. I may never get it back! Boooo! HahahahaPublished 2 months ago by F. Triebe
Very fast shipping Very good movie The Bible Collection is a Good movie series Im collecting all these titles from The Holy Bible series movies from Old and New Testament I give... Read morePublished 2 months ago by joseph28
It very inaccurate. Does not represent the Lord. DisappointingPublished 2 months ago by Andrew M Moore
EXCELLENT MOVIE TO GET BORN AGAIN BAPTIZED AND FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRITPublished 4 months ago by JESUS LOVES YOU