Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

86%
14%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$6.99

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on August 2, 2016
Great book for study use.
on April 7, 2016
Very nice, easy to follow and helpful.
on November 24, 2014
Having read Jesus of Nazareth,I can testify to this excellent summary which I recommend in order to have a fully understanding of the book.
on January 15, 2015
So much insight on Jesus Christ. Following this Bible study is very helpful to my understanding of Sacred Scriptures.
on January 5, 2013
I certainly will be helpful with our Bible Study group. I know it will enhance our review of the book itself.
on August 17, 2015
Very helpful
on March 23, 2013
I haven't finished reading the book. I am planning on using the study guide when I finish the book. That's all, folks.
on April 6, 2009
I'll admit up front that I am not Roman Catholic. Indeed, I am an evangelical Southern Baptist. But before you roll your eyes, let me say that "Jesus of Nazareth" is one of the most inspirational books I've ever read regarding Jesus Christ. It covers the first part of His adult life, from His baptism to His transformation. I usually devour a book like this quickly... get the main points and move on. But I found myself constantly pausing, pondering what I just read. While he kept most things on a theological level that an average layman like me could understand, Pope Benedict also managed to pack almost every sentence with amazing insightfulness. This is the first part of what the author plans as a two-volume set. I can hardly wait for volume two!

The study guide to "Jesus of Nazareth" is primarily for those without extensive biblical training. The chapters follow the primary book, with a short summary and some questions for reflection and application. It would be a handy resource for small groups who are studying the primary text.

I would urge believers and non-believers, Catholics and Protestants, to get the book and enjoy an amazing look at the life of Jesus. If you are interested in doing a small-group study based on the book, I recommend this companion study guide. While it definitely cannot replace the book, it can help you guide discussions and provides thoughtful questions.
11 comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2014
A very helpful companion guide to the first of the Jesus of Nazareth books by Pope Benedict. Pope Benedict's descriptions are very dense in content, so this guide is very helpful in understanding the rich content of the original book.
on July 16, 2013
There's more to know than just studying about Jesus! I read, I pray, I teach. This book is a very useful tool and its reference book is full of deep learning and insight.