- Paperback: 533 pages
- Publisher: Historical Review Press (2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0906879140
- ISBN-13: 978-0906879146
- Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 5.8 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 2.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,908,565 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Jesus Never Existed Paperback – Import, 2005
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This title is a good eye-catcher, but it is terribly misleading.
The book in fact mixes two interlocking subjects:
1) the critique of the traditional story of Jesus Christ;
2) and the dark side of the history of Christianity.
With two overlapping ambitions:
- first, as a popularizing mini-encyclopedia -- introducing neophyte readers to the complexity of Christian history and offering a comprehensive coverage of all its tangle of arcane issues;
- and, second, as a ferocious debunking polemic against traditional interpretations and unquestioned beliefs, revealing the systematic fabrications of all the dogmas.
The author claims to have initially focused on one single objective, stemming from his original obsession to understand the causes of the medieval Dark Ages and the tragic destruction of the classical civilization of the Ancient Greco-Roman world.
Since 2000, he's been diligently compiling all the various strands of critical scholarship on the origins of Christianity. He explains that it is the gradual realization of a serious lack of historical evidence about the figure of Jesus that led him to the development of his online site, "Jesus Never Existed", a critical examination of the Jesus Christ Myth and the extraordinary history of the Christian Church.
The author presents himself as an independent researcher and in the line of previous dedicated crusaders of the Christ Myth thesis.Read more ›
this book should be required reading before someone believes in another religion.
and watch how the peopel attack this book because it shatters their foundation of their great truth or myth.
the author does a wonderful job with plenty of humor to break down the walls of fact and fiction.
in a away every human can understand.
and the price is a great bargain considering the amount of information that is detailed in this well researched book.
i highly recommend this to all whos eek the truth about jesus.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is an absolute embarrassment. Anything that is legitimate evidence is just dismissed based on the author's extremely fixed premise of "Jesus of Nazareth never existed and... Read morePublished 10 months ago by JustHistoryThings
I have never encountered such ill informed codswallop as this in all my academic career. I am convinced the author is either misguided or the prodigy of a Darwinian throw back. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Hal Michelson, PhD Theology, M.A. Christian, Ed.