Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
on May 8, 2016
I appreciate the heart of Rich Mulins. One would probably need to watch the movie Ragamuffin to better understand why the quality is not studio quality. He wanted to do a "Jesus album", the producers didn't think it would sell. He went to an abandonded church and spent time with Jesus. He recorded these on just a cassette tape. No studio fixes. A few of the songs actually give me chills. He plays some on his guitar and some on the old piano in the church. The ones on the piano are very hard to hear the words. I'm not trying to down the CD. I love it and I'm glad I bought it. I just think the reviewer should let people know. This is very raw material. A couple of the songs resonate with his struggle and emotions. Several are obvious from a heart that is healing from being in the presence of God.
on October 18, 2016
Amazon emailed me asking how many stars I'd give the album. Guys! It's Rich Mullins! The most significant Christian musician of our generation, and this is his final work. How many stars...? How many stars??? All of them. However many are available. All the stars.
on October 11, 2015
I love this work of Rich Mullins and others, and have bought several for friends. The CD is correct on all, but the only ones that are printed correctly are the old used ones that are in cardboard covers. I wish the new ones could be reprinted in correct page order by whoever made them incorrectly. The words are importand and permission to copy and sell this by Amazon should have respected that and done it correctly. The $11.95 version that is manufactured on demand by Amazon has the pages of the songbook out of order so the songs have to be pieced together. Because of the photo pages, it is not something that a customer can fix by taking apart and restapling. I am referring to the description below from the “Editorial Reviews”:

Editorial Reviews
Jesus Record, The Disc One by MULLINS, RICH
This product is manufactured on demand using CD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.
on May 24, 2014
Rich Mullins could have easily ended up playing Grateful Dead fueled folk/rock and been great at it. He is about as messy a Christian as you will find. Yet his passion for the Lord comes through in a series of songs recorded on a single track tape recorder in an empty church. Before Mullins can flesh out the songs in the studio he is killed in a car accident. Hence there are two cd's in this offering. The single track tape recording that is very raw but exposes the soul of this man. The second disc are full band versions of the songs and it is pretty great music. Christians should not give it a second thought. Your praise and worship collection is woefully inadequate if you do not have this Rich Mullins CD.
on October 11, 2016
this was the last album of his and i love hearing him and his guitar in that church.
on December 9, 2011
The true gem of this 2-CD set is really the unrefined test recording of Rich Mullins with his guitar and piano. After everything the man has thought and sang about human nature and human experiences, reaching from down here to up there, toward the end of his life he is truly focused simply on Jesus. I think that's probably the end for all of our earthly journeys. If we can simply and purely focus on Jesus then we have our spirituality.
I always like to hear Rich Mullins sing his own songs, not because he had such a great voice (he didn't), but because he always sang them with the determination to carry out their meaning. So many contemporary Christian artists sing Christian songs like the secular artists, parading their good intonation and broad vocal ranges. Not Rich Mullins.
Some of these songs on the CD have carried me through tough times, helped me to kneel in prayer and to be humbled. "Hard to Get", "My Deliverer", "Where I am there you will also be...", "Heaven in His eyes", even something as country-ish as "He did not have a Home" (it took me a long time to get over the style) --- I returned to repeatedly for the message, the fact that He could not be influenced and owned by the world because He didn't belong here --- and we don't either.
I scarcely listened to the second CD by various artists.
on November 1, 2008
I doubt that many people know that "Heaven In His Eyes" was the first song chronologically written on this album. Rich wrote this MASTERPIECE long before he recorded his debut "Rich Mullins" disk. "Heaven In His Eyes" was written during Rich's days in a band called "Zion". This magnificent song was recorded on an album called "Behold the Man"."Heaven In His Eyes" remains my favorite Rich Mullins song. The lyrics are incredible and Rich really plays the piano on this song. Hearing it reminds me of watching him perform with Zion in the early '80's at the Jamestown Church of Christ. It was a remarkable thing that the piano didn't fall apart when he played it with such passion. To this day, I remain amazed that after surviving that song the piano didn't have to go into the shop ... at least for a tuning! Rich was a truly blessed composer - singer - songwriter -performer. I miss him. At least he finally re-recorded this song that I waited his whole career on to CD.My vinyl LP of Zion's "Behold The Man" has long since been silenced. And I've waited over ten years to write this review. But today I felt compelled to finally show my appreciation for this song. I know that there were eight other great songs on "The Jesus Demos" and this review has focused on but one of them.I feel like Rich finally recorded "Heaven In His Eyes" just for me and others who have to feel as strongly as I do about it. The disks are monetarily worth the price just for this one song. Praise God for Rich Mullins!!!
on March 27, 2014
Two discs are contained in this product. The first one consists of the Jesus demos, which Mullins made along in an old church before his untimely death. These demos are the heart and soul of his work. Rough, unproduced, sincere, profoundly spiritual--they represent the apogee of his exploration of Jesus Christ and their untouched quality simply emphasizes these qualities. The other album contains the same songs performed and produced by a number of Christian artists. This album is nicely produced and sounds fine, on the whole, but cannot match the raw energy and religous depth of the demos.
on January 14, 2014
This piece stands out not only as Rich Mullins last recored work but more so as a testimony of the man himself. Recording the songs with just a Kmart tape recorder you can hear the genuoius feeling each on brings. The question he ask are from the heart. Mullins causes you to think differently or maybe for the first time on some of his topics then perhaps you had before. The second part of the album serves as a fond farwell fromhis friends who sang his songs. A wonderful purchase for your collection from the man best know perhaps for "Awesome God" get to know more of his works of his legacy and of his Lord.
on December 22, 2010
This CD is primarily music made after Rich's tragic death in a car accident. His band re-performed the music in Rich's memory. What is amazing is that some of the songs are actually better here, particularly "My Deliverer". I suspect that Mr Mullins had not had the time to finalize some of these. Be aware that you are purchasing a "Ragamuffin Band" album more than a Rich Mullins CD. But worth it.