Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Travel Accessories Book House Cleaning girlss6 tgirlss6 girlss6  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 972 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,037 reviews
on May 3, 2016
Sara Young has such an amazing gift. This book is written in the similar style of her Jesus Calling book, spoken from Gods perspective drawn from scripture. After the amazing daily reading, she lists the scripture that supports the writing. I don't know how she has done it again, but every time I read it, it is EXACTLY what I need to hear. This was written in a time when she was struggling in her life and it very much focuses on hope. I recommend this book for anyone who is going through a hard time. When I am feeling too down to read it is when I need it most. If I could give this book a million stars I would!!
on January 7, 2017
This collection of commentary based on the words of Jesus was borne out of intense suffering due to illness. In Sarah Young style, Jesus is speaking directly to the reader from Scripture words of comfort and encouragement. It is beautifully done. I recommend this book for anyone desiring a closer walk with the Lord, but it's a "must read" for those who are going through trials, especially illness. It helps to shift the focus from the trial to the Great Physician who heals mind, soul and body.
on February 17, 2016
Sarah Young

I’ve heard folks complain that this author is adding to the scriptures. No, no, no. In this book she supports everything she writes with relevant scriptures. People who think this is adding to the Bible don’t seem to understand that God DOES communicate with anyone willing to listen. Sarah Young apparently listens closely.

I have been encouraged and strengthened every day by this book and the Scriptures included. The author apparently was experiencing hardship during the time she recorded the messages. What she learned and shared is helping me during a most difficult time in my life. I am discovering that God is with me during pain, is still very much in control of my life and is teaching me awesome lessons, such as perseverance, patience and realizing that during difficult times we may be sharing with the afflictions of Jesus. I am greatly thankful for guidance through the book Jesus Today and for Sarah Young’s experiences that she wrote down.

A reader doesn’t need to be having troubles in order to benefit from Jesus Today by Sarah Young.

Geni White, RN, MS (retired) (3rd generation Cancer survivor. One of 5%.)
on September 17, 2016
Another great book by Sarah Young. As I'm going through my own family tragedy, both this book and her Jesus Calling have been great in reminding me of God's promises, of His unfailing love and that He is and always will be bigger than anything life can throw at me.
on August 9, 2013
It may be small in size but Jesus Today is a powerfully comforting book for those who find themselved in need of hope and encouragement during times of great trials. Ms. Young chose to use complete scripture verses- instead of just listing the 'address' as was done in Jesus Calling. If you don't happen to have a bible to look up the scriptures, here they are all written out for you. I like this feature a lot. Unfortunately there aren't 365 devotional in this book- which I personally would have liked. Nevertheless, it's a great book and I love being able to read it on my iPad with the Kindle app.
on February 23, 2017
I read this book every day. The amazing thing is - you just need to read one page a day and you can "feel" a difference in your life! Sarah Young's books are the best!!
on October 29, 2016
Great devotional book. Have been using it for years. My husband got it for me. Hits me right in the heart. Excellent passages to meditate on.
on June 22, 2014
Sarah Young uses a religious practice known as listening prayer to pen the devotions found in "Jesus Today," a method that requires time, quiet and an undistracted mind that gives the impression Jesus speaks directly to the reader.

For example, devotion 22 begins, "I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. This is the way of wisdom: trusting Me no matter what happens in your life," inspired by Proverbs 4: 11, Romans 8:29 and Proverbs 20: 24.

The readings have proven to be a lifeline of encouragement for all those who suffer since the book first published in 2012. Due to its "literary merit" and high consumer demand, the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association awarded it the ECPA Christian Book of the Year in 2013.

Sarah admits the book was written "during three of the most challenging years of her life" after as early diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome in 2001, when what she really suffered from was Lyme disease. Australian doctors, unfamiliar with treatment protocols in 2009, prompted Sarah's return to the U.S for treatment.

A knowledgeable Midwest doctor ordered forty-two blood tests and a brain SPECT scan that revealed she suffered "co-infections" of Lyme disease. She recommended several months of grueling and expensive "IV antibiotic treatments." Sarah writes, "I am convinced if I had been healthier, I would not have been able to write this book."

"Jesus Today," features 150 two-page devotional entries and fifty noteworthy quotations that reflect her feelings in the "trenches of adversity when she needed hope to shine brightly." Sarah prays the book will be a "lifeline to people who feel as if they're sinking in hopelessness, as well as a source of encouragement to those whose lives are not so desperate."

I believe Sarah's prayer has been answered and "Jesus Today" will be like her previous book, "Jesus Calling" that inspired a generation of devoted readers. Noted by Publisher's Weekly who said the "Jesus Calling" brand celebrated its tenth anniversary with over ten million books sold worldwide.

Sarah is, was and remains one of my favorite authors and I am blessed to review anything she writes, however, unlike most celebrity authors she rarely grants interviews. To learn more about Sarah read Mark Oppenheimer's New York Times article, A First-Person Defense of Writing in Jesus' Voice. Or Christian Broadcasting Networks rare interview with the reclusive Sarah: Q & A with Sarah Young.
on November 29, 2016
I've sent these books to friends who have been going through some tough times and I always get a great response. I have my own and find the hopeful verses she selected, very uplifting.
on February 14, 2017
great book-helps me sleep at night if I read it right before bed