Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 972 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,037 reviews
on May 3, 2016
Sara Young has such an amazing gift. This book is written in the similar style of her Jesus Calling book, spoken from Gods perspective drawn from scripture. After the amazing daily reading, she lists the scripture that supports the writing. I don't know how she has done it again, but every time I read it, it is EXACTLY what I need to hear. This was written in a time when she was struggling in her life and it very much focuses on hope. I recommend this book for anyone who is going through a hard time. When I am feeling too down to read it is when I need it most. If I could give this book a million stars I would!!
on February 17, 2016
Sarah Young

I’ve heard folks complain that this author is adding to the scriptures. No, no, no. In this book she supports everything she writes with relevant scriptures. People who think this is adding to the Bible don’t seem to understand that God DOES communicate with anyone willing to listen. Sarah Young apparently listens closely.

I have been encouraged and strengthened every day by this book and the Scriptures included. The author apparently was experiencing hardship during the time she recorded the messages. What she learned and shared is helping me during a most difficult time in my life. I am discovering that God is with me during pain, is still very much in control of my life and is teaching me awesome lessons, such as perseverance, patience and realizing that during difficult times we may be sharing with the afflictions of Jesus. I am greatly thankful for guidance through the book Jesus Today and for Sarah Young’s experiences that she wrote down.

A reader doesn’t need to be having troubles in order to benefit from Jesus Today by Sarah Young.

Geni White, RN, MS (retired) (3rd generation Cancer survivor. One of 5%.)
on January 7, 2017
This collection of commentary based on the words of Jesus was borne out of intense suffering due to illness. In Sarah Young style, Jesus is speaking directly to the reader from Scripture words of comfort and encouragement. It is beautifully done. I recommend this book for anyone desiring a closer walk with the Lord, but it's a "must read" for those who are going through trials, especially illness. It helps to shift the focus from the trial to the Great Physician who heals mind, soul and body.
on October 14, 2012
I was given the 'Jesus Calling' daily devotional book last Christmas. It has become a mandatory part of my daily life. There have been some very devastating circumstances in my life over the past 6 years - included, but not limited to, the death of my only brother and baby sister. I ordered this book a little over a week ago and it goes so well with the 'Jesus Calling' book that I am truly amazed. It offers extra insight into God's peace, love, compassion and caring for us and gives the reader more tools to deal with everyday life.
on August 9, 2013
It may be small in size but Jesus Today is a powerfully comforting book for those who find themselved in need of hope and encouragement during times of great trials. Ms. Young chose to use complete scripture verses- instead of just listing the 'address' as was done in Jesus Calling. If you don't happen to have a bible to look up the scriptures, here they are all written out for you. I like this feature a lot. Unfortunately there aren't 365 devotional in this book- which I personally would have liked. Nevertheless, it's a great book and I love being able to read it on my iPad with the Kindle app.
on September 17, 2016
Another great book by Sarah Young. As I'm going through my own family tragedy, both this book and her Jesus Calling have been great in reminding me of God's promises, of His unfailing love and that He is and always will be bigger than anything life can throw at me.
on February 23, 2017
I read this book every day. The amazing thing is - you just need to read one page a day and you can "feel" a difference in your life! Sarah Young's books are the best!!
on November 29, 2016
I've sent these books to friends who have been going through some tough times and I always get a great response. I have my own and find the hopeful verses she selected, very uplifting.
on October 29, 2016
Great devotional book. Have been using it for years. My husband got it for me. Hits me right in the heart. Excellent passages to meditate on.
on December 14, 2016
I really enjoyed this digital book. Just like its predecessor, Jesus Calling, this devotional seems perfectly appropriate for each day as I read it. The entries are written in such a way that I think it would work well for men or women.