Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "La Jetée / Sans Soleil (The Criterion Collection)” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 47% off the $39.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
La Jetée / Sans Soleil (The Criterion Collection)
The Criterion Collection
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
One of the most influential; radical science-fiction films ever made and a mind-bending free-form travelogue: LA JETEE and SANS SOLEIL couldnt seem more differentbut theyre the twin pillars of an unparalleled and uncompromising career in cinema. A filmmaker; poet; novelist; photographer; editor; and now videographer and digital multimedia artist; Chris Marker (A Grin Without a Cat) has been challenging moviegoers; philosophers; and himself for years with his investigations of time; memory; and the rapid advancement of life on this planet. These two filmsa tale of time travel told in still images and a journey to Africa and Japanremain his best-loved and most widely seen.
- New, restored high-definition digital transfers, approved by director Chris Marker
- New video interview with filmmaker Jean-Pierre Gorin
- "Chris on Chris," a video piece on Marker by filmmaker and critic Chris Darke
- Both films presented in two versions: English and French with English subtitles
- New and improved English subtitle translations
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
My only complaint about the set is that it did not include a copy of Marker's short documentary film entitled "Statues also Die"--it's about as important a film as one can find on the transition of tribal 'primitive culture' art into newer colonial "understandings" that one can find, and it's essential for understanding how Marker viewed the history of art as well. But, other than that quibble, Criterion has done right to the legacy of the always elusive Chris Marker; several great (if brief) documentary pieces are here, and you just have to watch them all if you are interested. There's a lot of goodies on this disc. Overall, one of the best purchases you can make if you are interested in the idea of Cinema. A+
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Other documentaries that made the list that you might also want to check out:
Basically, except for a brief section, the scenes jump from one frozen image to another.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Criterion Collection > All
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Documentary
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Foreign Films
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Indie & Art House
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Classics