|Manufacturer||WMH Tool Group|
|Item Weight||7 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||31.1 x 5.93 x 1.83 inches|
|Item model number||70424|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||1 JPW Manufactured Product|
|Warranty Description||Limited Lifetime|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $11.50 shipping
Jet - 24" Parallel Clamp (70424)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The future built on great brands
- JPW is committed to providing unmatched service at every step of every business relationship
- U. S. based technical service for all of our brands
- Stock more than 40, 000 replacement parts
- Built to serve the needs of our customers
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Jet 70424-2 24-Inch Parallel Clamp 2 Pack
Jet - 31" Parallel Clamp (70431)
Jet 70431-2 31-Inch Parallel Clamp 2 Pack
Jet - Parallel Clamp Framing Kit (70411)
Jorgensen Cabinet Master 24-inch 90° Parallel Jaw Bar Clamp, 2-Pack
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||GreatStar Tools|
|Item Dimensions||31.10 x 5.93 x 1.83 inches||31.20 x 6.10 x 1.80 inches||38.11 x 5.93 x 1.83 inches||37.90 x 5.40 x 1.70 inches||48.10 x 6.90 x 6.30 inches||33.07 x 9.25 x 2.36 inches|
We see a future built on great brands, great products and great people. In every facet of our business we leverage the strengths of our global infrastructure to maximize the benefits of all three.
The Jet 24-Inch Parallel Clamp allows for precision and power with exact 90-degree clamping at up to 1,000-pounds of pressure which minimizes the tendency of warping and distortion of the work piece. The movable jaw can also be reversed to change the clamp into a spreader for maximum versatility, and includes an integrated ergonomic soft grip for added comfort and increased power.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only reason I give this four stars is that they just arrived today -- more than a month after I ordered them. I don't know what happened, but I am aware that when these went on sale for the Black Friday special, people were ordering them left and right, so maybe they got back ordered. If so, that's fine and I don't hold it against them. But in addition to the delay, I don't remember receiving any kind of communication or anything advising me of a delay. So their communication could have been better.
With that said, I wasn't in a hurry to get the clamps, and the delay wasn't that big of a deal to me. I've had to deal with WMH's customer service before in connection with a Jet drill press, and they were very responsive and helpful on that occasion. But while this delay and poor communication is not that big of a deal to me, it wouldn't be fair to give them 5 stars in light of those issues. So I give them 4 stars, but I would recommend you get yourself some of these clamps!
See Customer Images for physical comparisons between the Jet and the older Bessy K Body, and the Bessey K Body Revo.
Here's a rough comparison between a Jet and Bessy Revo.
- Size: The Jet & Bessy bar sizes (.36 " x 1.04") are nearly identical, Jet's clamping heads are slightly larger; the Jet clamp overall is a bit heavier; Bessy claims 1500 pounds of clamping force, while Jet claims 1000 pounds.
- Ease of use: On a flat surface, a Bessy clamp head slides easily on the bar, and that's a good thing - but the clamp head can slide down on its own if holding the clamp vertically - unless a rail-protector pad stops it. The Jet's clamping head stays put unless the lever is pulled, whether the clamp is horizontal or vertical - the principle advantage of the Jet.
- Tolerances: The Jet clamping head is a little tough to slide on the bar since tolerances are too tight. Some reviewers suggested using wax on the bar...
- Ruler: Jet has a crude "ruler" on the bar, which can be helpful during setup.
- Reversibility: The Bessy and Jet sliding clamp head can be removed and reversed to create a spreader. The head reattaches quickly on the Bessy, but the Jet is such a pain to "convert", it isn't worth the effort if you [also] own Bessey clamps - just use a Bessey for the spreader function. It helps to use a small screwdriver to push the springs down when reattaching the Jet head onto the bar.
- Quality: The Bessy's handle quality, comfort, and how it's attached is superior to the Jet. E.g., the threads on the Jet hand-screw are crudely machined, even though it doesn't seem to affect use - whereas the Bessy threads are clean, sharp, and well-done. The Bessy is assembled in America using overseas parts. The Jets are made in China.
- Length. All Bessey Revos and Jets can actually extend about 1.5" longer than their stated length, if their plastic end "hardware" is removed. E.g., the 24" models can clamp up to 25.5".
- My Bessy and Jet clamps heads have stayed at 90 degrees under full clamping force. The Bessy Revo includes three plastic jaw pads, and two rail protector pads designed to keep clamped material from contacting rail surfaces; the rail protector pads snap off when not needed.
- Failure to work. As long as a Bessey is unscrewed first and then set in place, I've never had one fail to clamp tightly. Unfortunately, both of my Jet clamps occasionally need the lever pushed down tightly (so it grabs the bar) while simultaneously tightening the handle - otherwise, the moveable clamp head mechanism simply slides along the bar. Requiring two hands on the adjusting end negates the value of the lever feature.
The 3 star rating is because the clamp head sometimes doesn't grab the bar when attempting to tighten the clamp; the difficulty of reversing the clamping head; less than stellar handle quality; and the clamping head sliding too tightly on the bar during setup.
I bought several more parallel clamps last week - all Bessey Revos. I didn't even consider getting more Jet parallel clamps, for the reasons listed.