Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jet Black Henna Hair Dye 200 Grams
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on October 11, 2010
This product is the best henna ever. I tried other henna brands a few years ago; they took a long time to prepare, were messy, and washed out with the first shampoo. Henna Hut's henna & indigo are very simple to prepare (just add hot water to both), are of a consistency that is easy to apply, and last quite a bit longer than my previous henna attempts, even on a few greys! I am so glad to find an all natural hair coloring that WORKS, is easy to apply, and is healthy for my body, I (literally) just bought 10 more boxes! A few helpful hints:
1. Apply with an application brush to keep neat. Putting slightly less water in with the indigo mix reduces drip issues.
2. Instructions say to apply within five minutes of mixing. I recommend mixing small portions with water at a time as you apply, so you can take your time, which reduces spills/misapplications.
3. While this is not in Henna Hut's instructions, some people might experience satisfying results by mixing the henna and indigo together all at once (instead of two separate applications as Henna Hut recommends) and then applying. I recommend following Henna Hut's instructions to the letter for your first application, so you can be fully impressed with how well it can work... and then experiment with combining them next time to see if that works just as well for you.
4. Use conditioner after rinsing out the indigo to seal in the color.
5. Use a few drops of a fragrant natural essential oil in hair afterwards to blend the earthy henna scent into a more feminine one until you wash your hair again. (Be careful to use only a small amount; and always check with a doctor on any essential oil you use if you are pregnant. Some essential oils are NOT recommended during pregnancy, and should be avoided, such as peppermint oil.)
on June 20, 2010
I used henna huts Harvest Moon hair dye black and it worked perfectly. I washed my hair first, applied the henna and rinsed, then towel dried my hair, mixed the indigo and applied it. I left the indigo for on hour and now all of my gray is gone and my hair is jet black! It looks so natural I could not be any more pleased! Once you do it, you need to remember it is permanent. It has been 6 weeks and all I do is touch up my roots. This was a life saver for me because I am allergic to chemical hair dye.
THANK YOU! for a wonderful product!

Christina
on October 21, 2010
This is the first time I have used color on my natural 4b hair type. I did not want the chemical hair dye that damages your hair. I read upon the henna coloring and was impressed. It is a conditioner none the less. I tried it nand my color is beautiful. My hair is black and not just black ebony black and is very healthy. It brought life to my hair. Thnak you. Will purchase again!
on December 15, 2013
It is a process to try out products and find one that works. It is a frustration to go through the time to apply henna with poor or little result. Harvest Moon Jet Black hair dye is all the good and none of the bad. It covers the gray, even on coarse hair, and saved me from the red stripey bits. I am allergic to black hair dye, even the "natural" ones, so all I can use is henna. Thanks you so much for getting me back in black! The two step process is worth the excellent result.
on June 16, 2011
I do not see how this could not work. I used it on my mother and WOW! It is a two step process and the first step turned her extreme red. So the other 2 bad reviews must have very dirty hair. I washed her hair twice prior with cheap shampoo. Mixed the pure henna red orange and let it sit out for 1 hour(started this while we washed her hair). Applied and left on one hour and wow was it red/orange super bright! Then rinsed it and mixed the indigo and immediately applied and left it on again for a little over an hour. We had so much fun visiting I did not notice the time.
Rinsed it out and it was already very dark. The next day it was jet black. She is ecstatic! Her hair was super soft as soon as she shampooed it 24 hours later. I recommend this to anyone and many of my friends are using it. it is super cost effective and very easy to use.

if for some reason it does not work, call them they will figure out what you are doing wrong, the customer service is awesome.
on August 27, 2011
I'm about 10% gray on black and am allergic to store bought hair dye. This was a 2 step process, after the 1st step, my bright silvery gray hairs were reddish/brown. The 2nd step didn't seem to do anything to the color. I was very careful to follow instructions to the T. Reddish/brown is better then bright silvery gray, although black would have been better!
on May 14, 2012
I did the two step method recommended on the packages because it was my first time. The Henna turned my off-black hair a little lighter and all the gray hairs red. Then I put on the Indigo and my hair became jet black and so soft and beautiful. I can see some red highlights a little on the grays still and it looks awesome. I was so afraid it would be a horrible experience but even putting it on wasn't bad. I put saran wrap around my head while I waited for the color to set in. I have tight curls that fall a little below my shoulder and my hair is a little past my bra strap when straight. My hair looks amazing and healthy.
on October 7, 2012
This is a great dye, the color came out great. but, to warn people of color use a deep conditioner because it does change the texture of your hair. but, my hair is a lot stronger now then it has been for a while.
on August 21, 2011
I've always been one to dye my hair, and last summer I overdid it. I attempted a perm this spring and my hair was too damaged to take it. So now, my hair is in this terrible condition of frizz, dryness and breakage. I have been wanting to go darker but I couldn't with chemical dyes anymore. My first try with henna failed (a bad brand). But then I searched for a better brand. I read great things about Henna Hut so why not? I bought some black henna so I received a packet of red henna as well as indigo. First off I will say the henna was SOOOO easy to apply. The texture was great and it was thick and worked really well. My roots were really hot red after that. However, the indigo was super messy. It reminded me of my last batch of henna: clumps that fell to the floor, on the counter, everywhere!! It was a mess and stained a few towels as well as my tub. Haha but anyways, the indigo actually stuck. I was so happy! It's about 3 hours after washing it out as of now. My hair is super black! Hopefully, it won't oxidate and fade. Keep from damaging your hair and go natural! :)
on September 5, 2015
This product gave me a very rich, black color. As a first-time user of dying my hair with henna and indigo, and also as my first purchase from this brand, I will only give four stars until I try the process again or purchase henna and indigo from a different brand to compare the results. It's been 2 weeks since I dyed my hair with the henna and indigo, and I'm barely starting to notice the black from my hair fading. However, even with black chemical hair dyes, the color would begin to fade within 2 weeks anyway, but at least the henna and indigo can be reapplied without damaging my hair, but benefiting it instead.
I mixed the henna in a plastic bowl (as recommended), added water and poured a small amount of apple cider vinegar and mixed with a wooden spoon until it was smooth and had a "yogurt consistency". I wrapped it with plastic wrap and let it sit in my closet, where it was dark and somehow warmer. I left it in there for about 18 hours or more. I applied it to my hair which was clean and air-dried, and I made 100g of henna work for my hip-length hair. The henna was very easy to apply and spread, and I put on a shower cap and washed it off with water only about 1.5 hours later. At this point, I had a minor headache, but I believe it was from the heat from the shower cap. Immediately, I mixed the indigo powder in a plastic bowl and only used water this time. I let the indigo settle for 10 minutes and then began to apply the mixture onto my hair. The indigo was a little more difficult to spread, especially for the length of my hair, but I managed to cover all of it with the indigo. I put on a clean shower cap again and tied black cloth around it to secure the shower cap. I went to bed and woke up 5 hours later to rinse it off because I also noticed my headache was becoming more bothersome, but as soon as I took the shower cap off and rinsed, the headache went away. I allowed my hair to air-dry again and noticed my har felt much thicker and appeared extremely straight once it was dry. However, I was worried because it felt too dry, almost like horse hair, but it certainly didn't appear that way. In the sun, my hair looked really shiny and sleek, it even appeared longer because of the intense black color. My hair only lasted looking jet black for about a week ( with using a minimum amount of Alba Botanica Hawaiian shampoo after two days of not showering my hair ), after that it still looked a natural black/dark brown, almost the same color as my natural brown/soft black hair color which has a few light brown/reddish highlights.
However, my hair was no longer as dry as the first two or three days, and the shininess still remains, but it appeared much more shinier when it was jet black.
Overall, I really like this product, and I do recommend.

*The image is of my hair exactly 2 weeks from last dye.
review image