Top positive review
37 people found this helpful
Best Henna Ever
on October 11, 2010
This product is the best henna ever. I tried other henna brands a few years ago; they took a long time to prepare, were messy, and washed out with the first shampoo. Henna Hut's henna & indigo are very simple to prepare (just add hot water to both), are of a consistency that is easy to apply, and last quite a bit longer than my previous henna attempts, even on a few greys! I am so glad to find an all natural hair coloring that WORKS, is easy to apply, and is healthy for my body, I (literally) just bought 10 more boxes! A few helpful hints:
1. Apply with an application brush to keep neat. Putting slightly less water in with the indigo mix reduces drip issues.
2. Instructions say to apply within five minutes of mixing. I recommend mixing small portions with water at a time as you apply, so you can take your time, which reduces spills/misapplications.
3. While this is not in Henna Hut's instructions, some people might experience satisfying results by mixing the henna and indigo together all at once (instead of two separate applications as Henna Hut recommends) and then applying. I recommend following Henna Hut's instructions to the letter for your first application, so you can be fully impressed with how well it can work... and then experiment with combining them next time to see if that works just as well for you.
4. Use conditioner after rinsing out the indigo to seal in the color.
5. Use a few drops of a fragrant natural essential oil in hair afterwards to blend the earthy henna scent into a more feminine one until you wash your hair again. (Be careful to use only a small amount; and always check with a doctor on any essential oil you use if you are pregnant. Some essential oils are NOT recommended during pregnancy, and should be avoided, such as peppermint oil.)