Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 13, 2013
2 songs into this concert and my worries that this would be a pale shadow of the great Jethro Tull disappeared. In fact, with todays superior recording techniques this video surpasses past performances by emphasizing the sophistication of Jethro Tull's music. Ian Anderson continues to be the ultimate showman for those that appreciate a performer with a tendency towards clearly intelligent tongue-in-cheek sarcasm. If you're a Jethro Tull fan that loves the Sardonic lyrics of "Thick As A Brick" as much as the hard driving beat of "Locomotive Breath" as much as the classical crossover "Bouree" you won't like this concert ....... you will LOVE it! It's nice to see Martin Barre up front and center with Ian Anderson. He looks so much better with a beret and short hair than the old skullet look of years gone by. For some reason he reminds me of a cool Joe Biden.
on February 8, 2008
I've been a Jethro Tull fan for for at least the last 30 years, and love all of the their albums, but have always wished for a quality live DVD. I have a couple of other videos and am very dissapointed with both of them. This one is a much different story.

I found the CD "Live at Montreaux" at the music store and decided to purchase it. I was very happy with it. If you have seen Jethro Tull anytime the last 15 years and enjoyed them live, you'll love this CD.

I was so impressed with the CD, that I decided to purchase the DVD. I was anxious to see the DVD, and really had my expectations high. I was afraid I would be disappointed, like I was with the previous videos. Let me tell you, the quality of this DVD is as high as any I've ever seen. I watched the entire concert on my projector and felt like I was at the show. Both the picture and sound quality are terrific.

Of course, if the DVD is good quality, but the band was not it would not be any good. In this case, the band looked and sounded as good as ever. The color, sound, and closeups were great. I couldn't recommend this DVD any more than I am. If you aren't thrilled with this, then you are not a true Jethro Tull fan.

Please, don't tell me that Ian's voice is a "little weak". It's been the same for the last 20 years. Sure, he's not 30 years any more, but he's still the best. Buy it and enjoy it over and over again.
on August 23, 2011
This particular variant of Jethro Tull with Ian, Martin, John Noyce, Andy Giddings, and Doane Perry is my personal favorite...yes I know it is heresy but I like this group better than even the original 70's band.
Fat Man is included. I did see the boys numerous times in this era (early 2000's) and never thought I would see Fat Man live. It is from Stand Up (1969) and just an amazing jam.
A nice time piece of a great band at one of their peaks.
If you are nutzo about the 70's variant, buy the Nothing Is Easy Isle of Wight concert DVD...or do what I did...buy both.
on February 12, 2014
If you are a Tull fan, like me, this is great. The sound and picture quality rivals bluray and the selection of music includes many of the older songs that I can identify with. Ian Anderson plays well and although older, he is not too old for me to say he has lost his mojo.
on April 29, 2008
If you're a Tull fan wondering whether to get this concert or purchase the "Living With The Past" DVD, get this concert. This is a really nice, long, well-played set with lots of great songs from many different stages of their career. It is (like all the Montreux DVD's) well shot and well recorded. "Living With The Past" for some reason was ill-conceived, poorly directed, and tries to salvage an off night for them, which it can't. So stick with this one - a great example of latter day Tull - not so edgy anymore, but very polished and professional musicians who - God bless 'em - are still at it!
on September 6, 2017
concert
on January 9, 2017
bought as a gift, but the recipient says it is great
on June 20, 2015
Very Disappionting for an 'oldie' like.
Had all their Albums, and saw them Live in the 70's. They were amazing!
Not now I'm afraid. Musicianship still there,
But the vocals?
on March 18, 2016
Jethro Tull has long been one of my favorite classic progressive bands. This is a good concert.
on August 25, 2007
I've been a fan of Jethro Tull for 28 years, and have literally grown up with their music. Even after seeing them in concert numerous times, I have always thought how great it would be to have "a concert" to take home with me (visuals and all). This DVD fulfills that desire in a way not quite accomplished by previous Tull DVDs, which intercut interviews or special effects into the flow of the concert itself, which rather disrupted the atmosphere in places.

This disc is the concert from start to finish, very well filmed and recorded, with a superb performance from the group. I personally think that Jethro Tull continue to grow and explore new musical territory under the leadership of Ian Anderson, and this concert expertly blends all the group's styles and influences, from rock to folk to jazz to new age and blues and back again... Tull have always been hard to categorize, but there is something for everyone in the group's diverse fanbase to cherish here.

Everyone in the group gets a chance to shine, with Ian Anderson's flute playing well to the fore and sounding better than ever. It's also nice to see Martin Barre perform his acoustic instrumental "Empty Cafe," a little gem not available on DVD before.

I would recommend this to committed fans as well as to people unfamiliar with the group; it's a great introduction to the multi-faceted Jethro Tull.