Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on November 8, 2009
I loved Cradle of Rome, and this game is a fantastic sequel! Egypt is identical in format. You get to build your own civilization by earning gold and resources through game play - match at least three symbols to clear the blue tiles from the board. The symbols are new, vibrant and beautiful, and for a little extra fun when you've finished clearing tiles, you get a lapis lazuli scarab beetle which has to be dropped off the board before your water pitcher timer runs empty!

The tile swapping movement is smooth as silk in this game, I noticed it immediately. New symbols fall in fast like silky lightning. This game is very nicely done, and is already a must play for me all the way through to the end. It's highly addictive and gorgeous.....if you love Jewel Quest or other gem swapping puzzle games, this one is outstanding!
on November 22, 2009
If you loved Cradle of Rome, you'll love this game. It's a lot like Cradle Of Rome. You are a Pharaoh. You match 3 items to earn gold, resources and food to build your dynasty and keep your subjects happy. You can earn tools as you go to help with the more difficult puzzles. One difference, when you finish a puzzle a scarab (a blue beetle) is inserted somewhere in the puzzle and you have to let him fall off the bottom of the board to move to the next level. This is good, because if you have time left you can still earn resources until the scarab fall off (or bad, because if the beetle take too long to fall and you run out of time, you have to replay that level). The music is better than Cradle of Rome, and the graphics look much brighter and bigger than Cradle of Rome. I'm on level 62, and like Cradle of Rome, there are some hard levels and some that are a little easier. The chains and double chains are back, and keep you playing for hours.
I'm glad I got this game, even though it is a lot like Cradle Of Rome, it is different enough to keep me playing. BTW, I loved Cradle Of Rome and played it through 3 times. This game will be relayed also, because every time a level comes up it is different and there's no way to remember how you played it before.
on March 25, 2010
This is one of my fav DS games, and has been in my console for at least the past month, I only changed it a couple days ago to try out my bejeweled Twist. Basically you have 100 'boards' or 'layouts' in which you have to match 3 or more jewels horizontally or vertically in order to remove them (in removing them you build your 'stores' of gold, building materials and food which you then use to 'buy' your palace, idols etc and thus 'build' ancient Egypt).
You have various challenges in that you have to clear all the blue squares and then the scarab to complete the layout. You have dark blue squares which only need to be used once ina jem match to clear, light blue need to be used twice, locked with single chain requires three matches and a double chain requires four, oh and did I mention that this is to time?? So yeah quite challenging, but you also have special 'tools' to assist - bomb (explodes single square), mega-bomb (explodes 9 squares), lightning (explodes 20 random squares), bottle (removes all of the items that you clicked on from the board) water (extra time) and a couple others.
I dont know how many times I have replayed this game over, I still find certain layouts require a couple attempts to complete.
I highly recommend this game, especially to puzzle lovers.
on November 12, 2009
As the other reviewer pointed out, this is a sequel to Cradle of Rome. The game structure is all but identical, and the number of levels is the same. They seem to have made the game tougher (not that Cradle of Rome is easy!) by slightly reducing the time limit and adding the provision that a scarab icon must be maneuvered off the screen after it is cleared. I have gotten through 19 of the 100 levels and am beginning to have difficulties, but (in both games) the varying sets of jewels one receives on retrying a level greatly considerably lowers the frustration level.

The music has improved considerably from Cradle of Rome.

Both games are highly recommended for Tetris-family gamers.
on July 28, 2015
This game has definitely kept me entertained. I have advanced to a couple of levels that it has taken me longer to get through than I would have liked and it became frustrating so I put it down for a day or so and then go back to it. I eventually get past that level and go to the next one. It's definitely challenging enough that I haven't taken the game out of the DS and gone back to a game I know I can get through.
on April 2, 2014
I bought this games about 2 years ago, for when I took road trips. I have other games, but this game is the only one that keeps my interest. Then some how I lost the game to my grandchildren, which I played it so long. I figure I wouldn't play any more. A friend and I went on a little road and they ask where was my game. I told them the situation and told them that I missed my game. So we started looking for the game again. I play it a lot now.
on January 15, 2014
Jewel Master Egypt got more play time than everything else put together, both for my wife and me for the first four months. Now after a year, we are not as addicted to it. We used to wait for the other person to put the DS down so we could continue our quests. Game popularity at our house lasted about 6 months, which far outlasted the other DS stuff we have. We have 4 cartridges. Don't care for role playing stuff.
on December 4, 2014
This is such a great game. I love jewel games, especially when you match them in a row, you know how it makes that little 'computerized sound? It is stimulating and relaxing! Thanks for being the little' Speedy Gonzalez' that you are! You have made me a very happy girl--(lady that is, I am just young at heart)!
on February 9, 2010
This is an extremely good puzzle game! It's very addicting and I have not been able to put it down since receiving it. It's based on matching three like tiles (kind of like Jewel Quest), but there are assorted tools you earn throughout the game to help you complete the harder levels. You must clear all highlighted squares by matching the tiles. Once all highlighted squares are cleared, you must then clear enough tiles to remove the scarab from the board. This presents an even greater challenge. I would recommend this to anyone who loves Jewel Quest or those type of matching games.
on February 2, 2014
This came to us in a very timely manner. Package was in great shape when it arrived and item was just as described. My husband now has something to pass time while I shop. However....I've created a monster as he wants to see how many stages he can get to in the least amount of time. Bye,Bye t.v.! I would reccomend the seller to you. I certainly would buy from them again!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.