Other Sellers on Amazon
Have one to sell?
The Jewel of the Nile [Blu-ray]
Frequently bought together
Mercenary Jack rescues writer Joan in the Middle East, six months after "Romancing the Stone.
- Aspect Ratio : 2.35:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medPG PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Product Dimensions : 6.75 x 5.25 x 0.3 inches; 3.2 Ounces
- Item model number : FOXS2254732BR
- Director : Lewis Teague
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, AC-3, Blu-ray, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen, DTS Surround Sound
- Run time : 1 hour and 46 minutes
- Release date : October 14, 2008
- Actors : Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, Danny DeVito, Spiros Focás, Avner Eisenberg
- Dubbed: : Spanish, French
- Subtitles: : English, Spanish, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese
- Producers : Jack Brodsky, Joel Douglas, Michael Douglas
- Language : French (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby TrueHD), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1), Unqualified (DTS-HD High Res Audio)
- Studio : 20th Century Fox
- ASIN : B001CC7PKI
- Writers : Diane Thomas, Lawrence Konner, Mark Rosenthal
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #31,267 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
4.6 out of 5
1,446 global ratings
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in the United States on December 15, 2018
I remember enjoying this more the first time I saw it...not so much this time. The presence of more foul language and sexual detail caused less enjoyment this time around.
5 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on December 1, 2020
I watched the first one, and it was sorta cute but cheesy, but this sequel is too over the top, cheesy nonsense, I turned it off when I saw all the Arabs dancing around to some stupid disco party music! This movie has zero taste. Micheal Douglas probably cringes ever time he thinks he was in this flick!
One person found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on June 28, 2020
I liked the movie, but the wide screen format was terrible to watch. It automatically started out small , I had to readjust the DVD players settings to fill the screen. Then a black band above and below was the best I could do through the whole movie. It is just a waste to watch a good movie this way. Next time I will buy Blue ray, even if it is a little more.
Reviewed in the United States on April 17, 2014
Jack and Joan are already a couple, thrown together in Romancing the Stone, with a deeply romantic history and all the promise of a loving life together before them. The realities of living together, a practical author struggling with writer's block and uncomfortable trying to cope with a mobile lifestyle and an adventurer struggling to adapt to living day-to-day with another human being, are showing signs of strain in both. With the opening scenes of this movie, you wonder if this is a sequel to a wonderful romance or a transplanted suburban breakup. When Jack's boat lights up the nighttime harbor, the story takes off! The Jewel of the Nile is a fun ride! A very nice surprise for a sequel.
3 people found this helpful
Top reviews from other countries
Awesome sequel to excellent action rom com with fantastic everythingReviewed in the United Kingdom on March 25, 2017
Opening with an extremely silly pirate fantasy wedding ship at sea sequence and featuring some genuinely terrific explosions along with the return of the winning chemistry between the leads this action rom com runs along at a fair lick. Douglas is dashing. Turner matches him every step of the way. And DeVito is, as always, an absolute joy to behold. Jewel of the Nile is a PG and it features the F word. Billy Ocean's closing song is one for the ages. A rare sequel that actually improves on the previous film. Utterly and endlessly rewatchable.
One person found this helpful
EntertainingReviewed in the United Kingdom on June 11, 2019
Hi a thoroughly entertaining film, great characters and good acting. Beautiful scenery and nicely put together.
worth watching againReviewed in the United Kingdom on October 14, 2018
Arrived in swift tine. Seen this before a while ago rembering from the 80s. Very amusing,enjoyable adventure with highs and highs and lows moments and action.
Ms Naheed A Malik
goodReviewed in the United Kingdom on December 10, 2019